First Long Range Rifle Scope?

Ramza708

Hey there marksmens!

Looking for a long range scope that can go to 1 kilometer max. Budget around 700 dollars. Most bang for the buck scope you can call it.

Kind Regards!

James

With your budget, you could look at something in the Vortex Viper HS LR category. They have both SFP and FFP options. Good glass for the money.

Or, another option is the SWFA SS 10x42. $400 for the side focus model. Glass could be better, but they are very tough, tons of adjustment, very repeatable adjustments, and the adjustment values are dead on. Read reviews online about them. I have one I have beat up and tested extensively, and it just keeps coming back for more. Only thing I could ask for would be better optical quality and more magnification. For $400 though, I don't think there is a better scope out there for long range.

Vortex Viper PST 6-24 x 50, (not FFP)

It's priced at $749 at cameralandny, but I've bought two from them, and both times they gave me a $75 discount for mentioning long range hunting.

They are great scopes, with a lot of good features.

Cameraland is having their annual "Doug's gone fishing" sale with a 10% discount, and that applies to most of the demo units, too. There's a Viper PST 4-16x50 for $599 in the demo sale, and that's a pre-discount price.

I have a Zeiss Conquest 5 x 25 --50mm which I just bought as a "Like New Demo" from EuroOptics I would sell at a discount to the discount I paid for it (I paid $900, will sell for $800).

Have decided to use the rifle I put it on as a hog gun, so need less magnification and illuminated recticle. let me know if that is a fit for you...tried to send you a private message..

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.