First hand muzzle brake recommendations

Smokepoles

Hi,
Looking for a brake to put on a 26" 6.5-284 Norma barrel. I'm trying to see my bullets impact, can anyone recommend me what's worked for them before I roll the dice? If it matters it's a varmint contour 8.17 at the muzzle with 5/8x24 tip. Thanks in advance.

Holland Radial.

Call Darrell and make sure it is with the correct threads. Just to point out, it is called Radial however, it does not have holes all the way around.

In the recent PRS muzzle brake tests it was one of the top three.

I have used his brakes for years and absolutely top notch proven by independent testing.

Ross Schuler. Very similar design to the Holland Radial. I've used a couple of them.

Very efficient, and can't be beat for the price.

I've seen recently that he's selling them for $35 shipped.

I put a mini magnum slabbed Muscle brake on my 6.5x284. If I grip the fore-end, I can spot my shots at 100 yards. They are beautifully machined.

I swapped out the radial style brake this fall for one of these:

Ported Muzzle Brakes

It's on my 300 RUM sendero. With no brake the gun does have a decent kick shooting some hot 200g loads. The radial brake that came with it when I got it does tame things down. The side ported brake above seems to make it more predictable. There is much less muzzle rise and it is more of a shove straight back into my shoulder. With that said, a design with the large side ports seemed to give me a much more controlled recoil that would be beneficial to spotting your own shots.

Thanks guys, I had Ross cut one for me that I'll try and see how it does. I should have this rifle done early this week and get to break it in shortly after. I'll report back with the performance.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.