First Custom Rifle Concerns

My solution for avoiding the headaches of a custom rifle. This is my Browning 6.5 PRC X-Bolt Pro with bronze Cerakoted stainless barrel and action, Cerakoted carbon fiber stock, factory lapped barrel, very good trigger, bolt loc W/ unlock button to remove cartridge WHIILE on safe. Browning calls it a "semi-custom rifle" B/C of all the extras like the fluting, stainless steel, Cerakoting, barrel lapping, etc.

SCOPE-> Bushnell Elite LRTS 4.5 - 28 x 44 scope in Cerakoted Talley rings.
The knife is a Norwegian HELLE GT W/ laminated blade.
RIFLE.jpeg

My solution for avoiding the headaches of a custom rifle. This is my Browning 6.5 PRC X-Bolt Pro with bronze Cerakoted stainless barrel and action, Cerakoted carbon fiber stock, factory lapped barrel, very good trigger, bolt loc W/ unlock button to remove cartridge WHIILE on safe. Browning calls it a "semi-custom rifle" B/C of all the extras like the fluting, stainless steel, Cerakoting, barrel lapping, etc.

SCOPE-> Bushnell Elite LRTS 4.5 - 28 x 44 scope in Cerakoted Talley rings.
The knife is a Norwegian HELLE GT W/ laminated blade.View attachment 310485
Nice looking rifle....but, is it a long action or short? Can you run the longer Berger bullets through the magazine or do you have to run them one at a time?

Unfortunately it is a short action, the exact same length as a 6.5 CM action and the factory Hornady 6.5 PRC ammo BARELY clears the magazine. That is the only I don't like about it. I've Dremeled a bit out of the inside front of the mags but still not enough to clear the heavy BERGER hybrids.

Unfortunately it is a short action, the exact same length as a 6.5 CM action and the factory Hornady 6.5 PRC ammo BARELY clears the magazine. That is the only I don't like about it. I've Dremeled a bit out of the inside front of the mags but still not enough to clear the heavy BERGER hybrids.
seems all headaches alleviated by going away from a properly made and designed custom rifle!!! GOT IT😁

Never intended to reload for my 6.5 PRC. Factory ammo is just fine, tank youse veddy nice.
I do enough reloading in 6.5 CM for my competition RPR and 9 mm PCC.
So yep, I DID avoid the work of making a custom rifle.

My ideal custom rifle would be a JP MR19 barreled action in a good carbon fiber stock. I'd use Marine Tex for bedding.

my wifes 7rsaum is an 18.5" and slinging the 140 absolute hammers at 3130fps!! you'll love that shorty !! specially quiet
That's awesome!! I was planning on shooting the 124 or 131 hammer hunter (haven't tried the absolutes yet) and was hoping to get 3050 out of those you're giving me good hope I'll achieve those velocities