First custom rifle

Gstew1930

I just finished my first custom rifle. It's built on a Terminus Zeus action. I could not be more pleased with the way this rifle turned out. The owner of Terminus Joel Russo is a fantastic guy and builds a hell of an action. He was patient with me and answered everyone of my stupid questions. This will be the first of many terminus actions in the future.

Attachments

• CE04BE69-842E-4676-BC49-3BCF87638C1A.jpeg
    CE04BE69-842E-4676-BC49-3BCF87638C1A.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 644
  • 37DCAD64-EE40-499D-B881-6B260BA7C170.jpeg
    37DCAD64-EE40-499D-B881-6B260BA7C170.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 542
Are you running a suppressor? I don't know much about them but that looks diff than anything I have seen.

Same length barrel as my 280 ai. I think I am going to order the same stock in a flat top and have it inletted for my Win action. Mine is a 22" sendero light. Many will tell you it is not a long enough barrel for the 280ai. I think it is perfect because it's what I wanted and very handy. Also when the time comes to put a can on it, it will still be handy enough.

Great looking rig!

Are you running a suppressor? I don't know much about them but that looks diff than anything I have seen.

Same length barrel as my 280 ai. I think I am going to order the same stock in a flat top and have it inletted for my Win action. Mine is a 22" sendero light. Many will tell you it is not a long enough barrel for the 280ai. I think it is perfect because it's what I wanted and very handy. Also when the time comes to put a can on it, it will still be handy enough.

Great looking rig!
Yeah I have a suppressor on in this picture. It's not the same suppressor ill be hunting with. Rugged radiant is what I'll hunt with. The one in this picture is a silencerco harvester. It's a great suppressor but not my favorite.

Great looking rig!
I think 22" is more than fine for a 280 ai. The more I hunt suppressed the more I appreciate shorter barrels

I think 22" is more than fine for a 280 ai. The more I hunt suppressed the more I appreciate shorter barrels
Nice looking rifle I have a Curtis Axiom with the Curtis bottom metal with a Alpine hunter the action and bottom metal looks the same 60 degree bolt through if you look at the bolt cut out on the stock its for a 700 rem dont know why A G dosnt correct that I glassed mine in and recut it and touched it up with paint from AG looks factory I called them and asked if they would make a stock without the bolt cut out so I could inlet it proper for the Curtis bolt and they said they could do that for any future build on that type of bolt something too keep in mind if that matters too you other wise the AG stock is perfect

Great looking rifle.

I had one of the original axioms action in 65 creed and really wish I had never sold it.
I had mine barreled by straight jaket in 6.5 prc its a fine very strong action I think the Terminus is simular I'm not sure but I think Russo used to be with Curtis he might have designed that action too