My first custom rifle

Bowhunter84

I recently had my first custom rifle built. My good friends at JP Precision Firearms Inc. in Leeds AL built it for me. I have owned several nice, higher end factory rifles but none can compare to this one. I have only put 48 rounds down the barrel but there will be a lot more in the future. So far it has shot great with anything I have fed it. I've tried factory 140gr amax's, 140gr Berger hybrid hand loads and 140gr accubond hand loads.
This rifle was built as a hunting rifle that I will use to practice long range shooting.

Here's the specs on the rifle
6.5 creedmoor
Trued remington 700 action
25" rock creek barrel that has been threaded
B&C A2 stock that is bedded
Calvin elite trigger set at 1.5lbs
Seekins 20MOA rail that has been bedded
Oversized bolt knob
PTG recoil lug
cerakoted the action and barrel in sniper gray and the bolt and bottom metal in black.
NF NXS 5.5-22x56 scope

A20D6F6A-617C-448E-8BDC-E56080B634F0_zpsxig2ngrs.jpg

Here is my 100yd group. 11 shots using 6 factory hornady Amax and 5 hand loaded accubonds. I pulled shot number 10 that's why there's 11 shots :D
Please note that I am just an old country boy who grew up hunting. I have never shot a match or competition of any kind and probably never will. I know this group isn't the best but I'm sure proud of it and for me it's pretty good. This group was shot off of a bench with a bipod.

Here is a 4 shot 100yd group shooting the 140gr hybrid hand loads. It never fails I always have to pull at least one shot :D

We shot it out to 519yds on a 6" steel plate. I never went and measured the group but they were all stacked right in the middle. I'm going to go put it on paper at 500yds soon and get an actual measurement.

Those are actually great groups. 11 shots into less than an inch is way good shooting.That last one is always the toughest though isn't it! LOL

Very nice rifle and welcome to the Creedmoor club.

Those are actually great groups. 11 shots into less than an inch is way good shooting.That last one is always the toughest though isn't it! LOL

Very nice rifle and welcome to the Creedmoor club.

Thanks. I'm loving it so far. Now I've got to decide what I want to hunt with. Berger, accubond or amax's....

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.