Favorite pack/frame to pack out elk

Initial Ascent, You owe it to yourself to look at this pack frame. I went to western hunt expo in SLC just to look and was planning on buying a Mystery Ranch pack but stopped by the Initial Ascent both and looked at theirs and was so happy that I did. The design of the frame it self is second to none. Carbon fibre with a curve built into it so you can say goodbye to a sweaty back! the weight is on your hips not your shoulders. Bryan Call and Ryan Lambert ( Gritty outdoors) has switch over to it a couple of years ago. I hunt with my all day and if I get an animal down I can pack out how ever much I can carry. There are so many really good packs out there so good luck with your choice.
Randy

Use an eberlestock G2 to help some friends pack out an oryx. I have an exo now that I will be using in the future.

Looking for opinions. Thx
Bull Pac -- from Idaho, they have been making strong lightweight packs specifically for packing for years, and their product warrantly is awesome. I had one that was totally abused by a teenager(not my son) dragging it with weight across a sidewalk and more -- the company would not let me pay for replacement parts and sent everything I needed for free. I bought one and bought another for my son. They still get heavily used about 15-20 years later. Awesome product.

Recent Posts