Elk toting pack frame recommendations

I prefer to use my friends. Just tell them you must of forgot to load your frame but you will carry the guns back to camp. haha

Rick

I have the perfict pack!!!!!

A large framed 20 year old frend that can be convinced that he,s having fun
carrying your ELK.

Just kidding but if I made you laugh it was worth it.
J E CUSTOM

Last edited:
Rick

I have the perfict pack!!!!!

A large framed 20 year old frend that can be convinced that he,s having fun
carrying your ELK.

Just kidding but if I made you laugh it was worth it.
J E CUSTOM

No kidding, and usually they're not hard to convince!!! :D

I don't know what "break the bank" is for you, but Cabela's has The Mystery Ranch NICE frame/Crewcab combo for around $200. It for surpasses any external or internal pack for carrying heavy, awkward loads....

Thanks fellas. Plan A is to shoot the big critter and have him run down hill and die at the tailgate of the truck. :D Plan B is to trick my partners into hauling it off the mountain. Problem is my hunting partners are smarter than I am, so I will most likly end up cutting him up and toting him out myself. :mad:

I will wait till he is pointed towards the truck before I pull the trigger, just in case I get lucky with Plan A.

light bulbBeen looking on Ebay for a little red waggon too.

Thanks for the input.

Thanks fellas. Plan A is to shoot the big critter and have him run down hill and die at the tailgate of the truck. :D Plan B is to trick my partners into hauling it off the mountain. Problem is my hunting partners are smarter than I am, so I will most likly end up cutting him up and toting him out myself. :mad:

I will wait till he is pointed towards the truck before I pull the trigger, just in case I get lucky with Plan A.

light bulbBeen looking on Ebay for a little red waggon too.

Thanks for the input.

+1 for plan A
How about plan C ( Wound him,get him on his feet and walk him back to the truck )?

Good luck
J E CUSTOM

I had a Mystery Ranch NICE/Crewcab I bought from Mystery Ranch in Bozeman, where they make them. Don't know how Cabela's can get these and sell them for $200, because they cost Dana that much or more to make them. Just dont think its an real Bozeman Mystery Ranch made pack if it costs $200. Most likely an overseas knock-off artifact.

I'll put another plug in for the Kelty Cache Hauler (external frame). This pack frame is $99 at Sportsman's Whorehouse and for hauling big loads with minimal investment little else comes close.

As others said look in pawn shops and perhaps thrift stores and all nature of second hand store.

If you want an Kifaru, I have an Kirafu EMR that is for sale, but it's most likely out of your intended budget.

If you can find one buy one of those K2/Dana TerraFrame or Flatbed packs. These are a Dana Design external frame pack that's no longer made. I have all manner of packs, from MR, Kifaru, North Face, Osprey, Camptrails, and others. These old external Danas are the stuff for hauling out heavy loads. If you can locate a good one, buy it.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.