Packing meat out

Wow ! I just went back through this thread. I had no idea when I started this it would take on its own life.
I now plan to hunt gmu 751 in sw co. Huge wilderness area with fewer hunters and a few good bulls. I have been looking at packs , boots ,sleeping bags , stoves and tents. Going to look for the pack and tent I want used after season. If I can't find used I will order all new about the first of feb. I picked up a 7mm wsm and put back 2/3 of the equipment money I've planned for at new price. If I can find a few used deals this winter I may already be working lic. gas and food :) . The support and encouragement I have gotten is just too much! This is a great community!

Here's how I pack it out...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHjSVpfBaq0&list=UU7y0u3AyPnDSCia9EP2uvbw&index=3&feature=plcp]Part 1 How to Bone out - Bag out Deer Hog Meat from Field Game Processing - YouTube[/ame]

I find it amusing the differences in equipment required when a guy goes from hunting white tails in the cedar swamps to the out west up in the mountains or out on the praire stuff. And yes, this thread has evolved into .....who knows
Back to the original question. I went to the local feed/seed store and bought new, unused white woven bags that they put bulk stuff in. They're big enough to stuff a Labrador retriever in and look to be pretty tough. $10 for 12 bags. And since I'm not about to drop $500 or more in a pack/frame that I have zero knowledge or experience in I bought a used - large ALICE pack/frame on eBay for $25. Seems pretty tough and looks like it will hold a ton of stuff. @ $25 I can always throw it in the nearest dumpster and never look back.:rolleyes:

Shop'n . I completly undedstand women's shoe and dress shopping need. I just think of my need for guns and grear. My garage is full of stands until next week when they go back to the woods and my gun safe is the same as a chicks shoe rack. :) A woman will tell you she can't have too many shoes and I know I can't have too many guns !

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.