Favorite anti-cant level

Accuracy 1st (my favorite) or Flatline Ops. I have a new Sniper I would give you a deal on if you're looking for 34mm. Also have a brand new Patriot Plus in 30mm....

All the years I have used a scope, I never had something to see if my rifle is level or twisted left or right or the other. Maybe it's the type of work I have done over the years. Generally I can tell if I am canted or not. Maybe I am missing something. The biggest problem I see is setting up the scope to start with in getting it plum to the rifle action. I can see a level on the scope ring to be sure that the rifle is plum when the scope is mounted. That way your scope plum. That should do it and yours eye willplum the crosshairs.
Well I will see how far this will get me🤣
I never used them for 40 years. Just started a few years ago because you know, you need one... I rarely while hunting take the time to look at my level before I shoot.
I do know for a fact that when I think my rifle is level it's always canted to the left. Proved that with a level enough times so maybe that's a good thing to know. 🤔

I like to be able to swap my bubba level to different rifles.......

IMG_8955_zpswiuydyxf.jpg

I grew up & hunt groundhogs in NE upstate PA. This is a place where nothing is level for several counties.
Where you can put your truck in neutral and apparently coast uphill..
If you don't mind level there, you miss fully half your ~300yd shots, and all over 500.

I've tried every system type, and the only type that actually works is that mounting to the scope tube.
I like the ScopLevel because I can see it dead on with my shooting eye, with just a glance up from my reticle to the bubble & back.
A benefit of a scope tube level is that you can move a scope from gun to gun with it, and it's level is still correct.
I did this many times with a 'Standard' scope that I kept for decades (a perfectly true scope), just for the purpose of validating all others.

Use all flatline ops even on my heavy rifles that all have the heavy Hawkins tactical rings with built in level. The built in level is slower to center & in front & high. I run the tango or sniper near the back where my left eye is on it while right never leaves target. @Mikecr has a valid point about the tube mounts staying on scopes while you move them rifle to rifle. Even so I like the pic rail mounted best.
I want to try the Accuracy 1st. Looks like the ball is quick & very visible. We are blessed with to many options lol

Any of you guys looked at the new rings with level by Unknown Munitions?
That is interesting to me also with the location of the level 🤔

Recent Posts