Favorite anti-cant level

Don't know the brand offhand but I like the ones that mount on the scope rail. I mount them left of the scope. Easy,not expensive and they work.
US Optics
B1E01707-41EA-4EF6-9253-1FE1D7BA4EAF.jpeg
D6F6D5D9-12F5-46E9-ABD4-B21C8360B439.jpeg

I used the uso rail mounted folding level for years until I switched to the LRA send-it. With the lights on the send it you never have to focus on the level. It's almost like magic when you get used to using it, you will make level corrections without really thinking about it. As stated above, the sensitivity is adjustable. I adjusted mine one step more sensitive than the factory setting. It seems to give me good results there. Here it is in a mock up, yes I shoot left handed.

Attachments

• F4828599-B726-4328-B6BA-70966E1165D2.jpeg
    F4828599-B726-4328-B6BA-70966E1165D2.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
Bubble levels - carpenters have been using bubble type levels for 100's of years - simple devices.

I paid about $10 for this one at a local pawn shop - works great, most likely die cast aluminum, I lapped the inside to improve contact with scope tube. I mounted it and use it just like as described by ShootnMathews ("I can look through the scope with my right eye and see the bubble with my left eye without moving my head").

Mounting the bubble level on the scope correctly is essential and the level needs to coincide (correspond in position; meet or intersect) with the reticle, like don't depend on using the top of the elevation dial as a reference.

Knowing the consequences of scope cant and how to calculate cant error is helpful. A 1-degree cant will cause a lateral error of almost 2 inches with an 87 VMax at 3450 fps at 650 yards.

Knowing how to precisely mount the bubble level to coincide with the reticle is essential:

View attachment 456952
Were are you leveling the rifle from if not using a pic rail but just using rings?

Were are you leveling the rifle from if not using a pic rail but just using rings?
If the scope is leveled? I level the rifle by placing a standard level on top of the scope cap and leveling the rifle and then place the ring level on. You can also add it while leveling the scope using a scope leveling kit. If you don't have a leveling kit place the scope in the rings and put it on a flat level surface and place a level on top of the scope cap. Level the scope in the rings and add the level. Then Mount the scope. Any of these methods will work. You will need either a scope leveling kit or a standard short level. Hope that made sense and helps!

I shoot lefty and my 14 year old shoots righty…we share some ambidextrous guns so being able to flip the level without dismounting the scope every time I want to flip the level. For folks that have the Sniper-x, would it allow to do that easily? Assume a split rail. Thanks.

I've used the MK Machining aluminum scope tube bubble levels and the Flatline Ops bubble levels for quite awhile, but recently switched to the LRA Sendit MV3 electronic level on my match rifles. For PRS style of shooting where seconds count, I'm going to add the Brandt built ocular housing cant indicator to bring the LEDs to the end of the ocular housing so I can see the lights in the peripheral vision of my eye looking through the scope. If you have time, the bubble levels are a good solution.