Favorite anti-cant level

DanMan

Thinking about the Flatline Ops articulating rail mount. Anyone using one of these, and if so what's your opinion?
Otherwise what's your favorite to use on a hunting rifle setup?

If you are referring to the Sniper X, I think they are fantastic. You can tune them both over the scope or flipped to the side. Also nice to have them over the scope if in a soft or hard case or walking through the woods. Big plus is not moving your eye off the crosshair while checking your level.

Most of mine are Caldwell folding that mount on the scope itself.
I do have 1 US Optics that mounts on the rail & folds.

If i were doing some ELR/ULR shooting, i'd go with the Flatline Ops with the fine adjustment.
I believe the KO2M team from Cutting Edge Bullets is using them on their rifles.

I prefer picatinny rails with a built in level such as the Talley pictured here.

2F915B82-8349-4210-8791-83522D6D3815.jpeg

For scope mounted devises, my favorite is the Accuracy 1st which uses a curved vial with a ceramic ball.
1CB715EB-4059-4AD3-B9A2-196027132E71.jpeg

I'll be totally honest. I don't see any reason to spend a lot of money on a level. I bought a fist full of them off eBay a while back for $3 a piece. Now you can find them for $5. Yeah they are rough milled. But once you level the rifle and then install the bubble level it serves purpose just fine. Here's a pic I took for a friend describing how I install them. I can look through the scope with my right eye and see the bubble with my left eye with out moving my head. So I can get set up on the target, use my left eye to check the bubble, use my right eye to aim and fire and never have to move my head. This rifle also has a bubble on the scope mount. I also prefer to mount mine out by the bell of the scope that way my eyes don't have to change focus as much to see it. The closer it is to my face it takes longer to focus on the bubble and then focus back on the reticle and target. With the bubble mounted right up against the scope bell it's almost instant to swap focus.
8FE0319E-C353-4351-8405-CEE2B19CB212.jpeg

Last edited:
I have tried in the rail in the scope and multiple scope mounted levels. I really like the accuracy first. It is the most consistent for me. It does cost a little more then most but built like a tank. I have been out in 30 below weather and it still works great. The rail mounted ones never worked for me. I can't see the rail through the back of the scope. The ring mounted ones I never could see my elevation dial. Just my 2 cents

Thinking about the Flatline Ops articulating rail mount. Anyone using one of these, and if so what's your opinion?
Otherwise what's your favorite to use on a hunting rifle setup?
Dan I just received my first custom rifle and I got one of these you are asking about and it's by far my favorite anti cant level I have used. I am not a fan of the bubble level incorporated in a scope ring as I usually have to take my head off the rifle to see it. But this flatline ops is just fantastic. I will use them from now on in any rifle I put together. Best of luck

Thanks guys for all the replies. You are all making valid points. I have been using low cost scope mounts ( center top ) and it has been ok but not convenient. More recently picked up a folding Wheeler scope mount that is very easy to see and convenient to fold away but It doesn't seem to lock in totally consistent when folded out so I am concerned about the accuracy and durability. The Flatline Ops appears to be better quality.
I also like the Holland offset that looks good and several of the others that you are mentioning. I appreciate your comments.
Dan