scope level anti-cant recomendations

rscott5028

I'm looking at scope level/anti-cant devices for my f-class/varmint rifle.

Which one(s) do you use/prefer and why?

I like the idea of a rail mount as I'm pretty comfortable with the trueness of the rail that came with my action (stiller tac-30). But if the mount isn't machined well, then I don't think it'll sit level on the rail when snugged into place.

I like the NF due to the name/reputation, but I've got EGW rings on my NF scope.

I like the looks of Scoplevel because it sits up high for visibility and should exaggerate the amount of cant. But, it looks like it might be cheaply made.

Thanks in advance!
Richard

I use a b-square rail mount. It was only 15 bucks out of Brownells.They also have a scope ring type as does Vortex for 30-40 dollars. I used a small rod and levels for arrows to check my rail mnt and they where very close.I like the looks of the ring cap type for a NF. Would be curious if it fit M4 leo cap. Flatline and USO BOTH MAKE flip out levels, but are pricey, Flatline has the cosine mnt built in one model.

I really like the USO level. NOT the flip out version. There were too many mixed reviews on the flip out. So I got the fixed version and LOVE it. I like it because I can see it without moving my head like I did with the type that was mounted on the top of my scope. Mounted to my rail right under the parallax adjustment knob, its out of the way. It is solid, durable and has a threaded cap to protect it with a threaded hub on the reverse side so you dont loose the cap. It is a very well made, quality tool. Even mounted in front of my ACI (side of rail low mount) I can see the top of the glass/bubble.

I too was concerned with how level it would be when mounted to my rail and it is SPOT on. USO will NOT let you return it if you dont like it but Midway USA sells them and will let you return it.

I have tried several types and this one is my favorate.

The USO fixed gets my vote.

I squared up my rail with a B-Square and then put a Vortex on my scope that sticks out on the left and very easy to see with my left eye while my right eye is looking through the scope. Then if I move the scope from one rifle to another it makes it easier to put the scope into other rings with the bubble showing when the vertical cross hair is vertical.

joseph

Attachments

• vortex bubble level 1.JPG
    vortex bubble level 1.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 268
I have the NF and shooting buddy has the US optics, I like his much better, easier to see that you are level. He has the one that pivots out of the way and so far so good.

Here is a picture of my HORUS anti-cant device which has an extremely sensitive bubble on top. I personally do not care for the way it is made and do not use it.

Sorry about the blurry pictures.

joseph

Attachments

• HORUS 1 .JPG
    HORUS 1 .JPG
    81 KB · Views: 206
  • HORUS 2 .JPG
    HORUS 2 .JPG
    86 KB · Views: 226
+1 on the Horus, I made that mistake as well. First I started with the pic rail mount, that lasted ~5rounds out of my 338RUM & came lose where the ACD secures to the mount (1 very small screw). So I ordered the 34mm ring mount for my Leupy, that bottoms out of adjustment before securing to the ACD...Grrrrr... The unit itself it nice but the mounts are below garbage.

I fully intend to order the Flatline Ops. I like the idea of being able to add the "strong arm" mount for the ACI if I decide to. The flip out design also reduces the possibility of snagging on something.

So I guess my vote is Flatline Ops.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.