Favorite anti-cant level

MK Machining makes a few different ones, all of which work very well. They also offer them in packages with throw levers. Their printed accessories are extremely strong. I have used their products for as long as they have been in business and have referred many friends to them. Never heard a complaint.

I'll be totally honest. I don't see any reason to spend a lot of money on a level. I bought a fist full of them off eBay a while back for $3 a piece. Now you can find them for $5. Yeah they are rough milled. But once you level the rifle and then install the bubble level it serves purpose just fine. Here's a pic I took for a friend describing how I install them. I can look through the scope with my right eye and see the bubble with my left eye. This rifle also has a bubble on the scope mount. I also prefer to mount mine out by the bell of the scope that way my eyes don't have to change focus as much to see it. The closer it is to my face it takes longer to focus on the bubble and then focus back on the reticle and target. With the bubble mounted right up against the scope bell it's almost instant to swap focus.View attachment 454738
This is the beauty of having plenty of choices for our intended purposes/preferences.

I prefer picatinny rails with a built in level such as the Talley pictured here.

View attachment 454735

For scope mounted devises, my favorite is the Accuracy 1st which uses a curved vial with a ceramic ball.
View attachment 454736
when you get up in years you cannot focus on a level built into the back of the rail, I use the flatline up against the forward ring so I can see it in fairly decent focus.

All I use is the flatline. A good but pricey tool. You get what you pay for.
I fully concur with ajkellerusmc and offer an elaboration. Flatline provides precision adjusting screws to set horizontal exactly perpendicular to a plum lined vertical reticle in both the closed and extended positions.
Bonus is a very straightforward install on the tube.

I
when you get up in years you cannot focus on a level built into the back of the rail, I use the flatline up against the forward ring so I can see it in fairly decent focus.
I hear you on the vision issues 😅.
At 59 I'm constantly fighting with that, need my specs to dial turrets but sometimes do better thru the glass without 🤷‍♂️.

I prefer picatinny rails with a built in level such as the Talley pictured here.

View attachment 454735

For scope mounted devises, my favorite is the Accuracy 1st which uses a curved vial with a ceramic ball.
View attachment 454736
We have several Accuracy 1st levels on long range rifles. In my opinion, they are absolutely the best! They even gave me a military discount.

Dan I just received my first custom rifle and I got one of these you are asking about and it's by far my favorite anti cant level I have used. I am not a fan of the bubble level incorporated in a scope ring as I usually have to take my head off the rifle to see it. But this flatline ops is just fantastic. I will use them from now on in any rifle I put together. Best of luck
Same here!!! LPR put one on my last build and I love it 👍

MK Machining makes a few different ones, all of which work very well. They also offer them in packages with throw levers. Their printed accessories are extremely strong. I have used their products for as long as they have been in business and have referred many friends to them. Never heard a complaint.
Good people to work with.
I have a couple of their levels and a few of their throw levers. One thing to watch out for is over tightening the level screw. It's composite and will snap mount. I did on first one 😳

All the years I have used a scope, I never had something to see if my rifle is level or twisted left or right or the other. Maybe it's the type of work I have done over the years. Generally I can tell if I am canted or not. Maybe I am missing something. The biggest problem I see is setting up the scope to start with in getting it plum to the rifle action. I can see a level on the scope ring to be sure that the rifle is plum when the scope is mounted. That way your scope plum. That should do it and yours eye willplum the crosshairs.
Well I will see how far this will get me🤣

Recent Posts