Even more dangerous than Obama - If that's possible

Here's my take on things political....

I'd vote for Trump in a minute, that is, if he can stay alive long enough... In case you haven't been paying attention (I have), Trump is literally surrounded all the time by SS agents and private LE, he kmows not only his business dealings but his life is on the line... There are lots of factions that would like to cap him....

I believe no matter who the repubs put up, Hillary is going to win, because, the media is all about pie face and the sheeple will go along with the media.

I kind of wish Biden had run but that would have disenfranchised Hillary and we can't have that, can we??

The Republican party for all intents and purposes, is finished anyway.

Hil will advance Obama's anti firearm agenda and like it or not, the very sport we all enjoy will change forever and not for the good either.

I take solace in the fact that I don't possess one black firearm but they (government) will eventually confiscate (one way or another) everyone of them, black or not.

It's coming, just like the sun comes up in the morning, you can be sure of that. Timeframe depends on who is in office but it will happen at some point.

I look at it this way.... Was fun while it lasted but all good things come to an end, eventually.

You see, contrary to opinion (on a firearm related forum), law abiding gun owners are a very distinct minority and last time I checked, in this country, majority rules. We ain't the majority folks.

Time to get behind a candidate, any candidate that is pro firearm, no matter who it is, Democrat or Republican and quit nit picking 'cause it's all about continuing legal ownership.

Of course that won't happen because in this country you can't get two people to agree on anything, anyway.

I know where I stand. Do you?

Why I bought a European air rifle....lol

SIDECARFLIP has it right seen it here in new York everybody went to the protest rallies when safe act passed but were to lazy to vote in last election when we could have gotten rid of him. everybody just vote and stop fighting

The John Howard gun buy back scheme Cost us heaps and only got honest people to relinquish their firearms.
There are now more legal guns in Australia than prior to the buy back scheme !
Howard is a gun hating zealot and the left wingers are not stating facts to support this bogus success being touted by Clinton the zealot !
Criminals do not surrender guns or consider others.
I am in Australia's Shooters and Fishers Party, if you want more accurate information get onto our website and send an email.
Don't let the liars get away with it !!!
The party is a big supporter of the NRA and we communicate at an executive level.

Cheers
Waza

I'd say you have bigger issues than the upcoming election. Where you reside, it's all about anti firearms. I'd start with your anti firearm governor first, then worry about the national spotlight.

I agree that NY is a gun-unfriendly state that continues to get worse thanks to the liberal Democrats. However, I was born and raised here. My kids are all here and I'm not likely to move real soon.

I'd like to see the governor displaced, but here in NY the voting block that determines who the winners will be is NYC. Guess which way the vast majority vote. It is highly unlikely to get a Conservative/Republican elected at the state level here. The entitlement mentality prevails and conservative thinking people are greatly outnumbered.

All that aside, we are one of many liberal states but that shouldn't detract us from addressing issues on a national level. A strong Republican is needed to defeat the Hillary campaign machine. Trump is not that person. To the contrary, he has aptly divided the populace. For whatever reason, no other Republican has been able to grab the spotlight from Trump and rise to a position of prominence within the party.

The media loves to highlight Trump because he makes the GOP look foolhardy. They would like to keep him as the GOP front-runner knowing that Hillary will easily defeat him. Can we stand 4 more years of Obamaism?

Like I said, we're in trouble.

Here's my take on things political....

I'd vote for Trump in a minute, that is, if he can stay alive long enough... In case you haven't been paying attention (I have), Trump is literally surrounded all the time by SS agents and private LE, he kmows not only his business dealings but his life is on the line... There are lots of factions that would like to cap him....

I believe no matter who the repubs put up, Hillary is going to win, because, the media is all about pie face and the sheeple will go along with the media.

I kind of wish Biden had run but that would have disenfranchised Hillary and we can't have that, can we??

The Republican party for all intents and purposes, is finished anyway.

Hil will advance Obama's anti firearm agenda and like it or not, the very sport we all enjoy will change forever and not for the good either.

I take solace in the fact that I don't possess one black firearm but they (government) will eventually confiscate (one way or another) everyone of them, black or not.

It's coming, just like the sun comes up in the morning, you can be sure of that. Timeframe depends on who is in office but it will happen at some point.

I look at it this way.... Was fun while it lasted but all good things come to an end, eventually.

You see, contrary to opinion (on a firearm related forum), law abiding gun owners are a very distinct minority and last time I checked, in this country, majority rules. We ain't the majority folks.

Time to get behind a candidate, any candidate that is pro firearm, no matter who it is, Democrat or Republican and quit nit picking 'cause it's all about continuing legal ownership.

Of course that won't happen because in this country you can't get two people to agree on anything, anyway.

I know where I stand. Do you?

Why I bought a European air rifle....lol

Wow, as I have been saying we are in 2 different countries. we are NOT the minority in AR, OK, TX, most Southern and Western states and the differences even show up among the shooters on this forum. Good luck !

Wow, as I have been saying we are in 2 different countries. we are NOT the minority in AR, OK, TX, most Southern and Western states and the differences even show up among the shooters on this forum. Good luck !

I agree. We (legal gun owners) are definitely the majority around here (southeast). And that's a good thing.

I also read an article a while back (can't remember where I saw it) that for the first time in nearly 2 decades, that majority of the population was pro-gun and pro-2A. That gives me hope for the future.

White house press secretary=professional liar

Did anyone else see the propaganda last night? Gallup has named Hillary the most admired woman for the 20th time. Turns out they only polled 824 people and only 13% of them admired her. And that is just one of the reason our right to bear arms is in jeapordy.

See in the paper this morning that Obama is considering executive action concerning firearms ( it was hinted at earlier in 2015 that he would address gun ownership and possession by the criminal element).

He's consulting with his AG (Lynch) about executive actions....

The issues lies not with legal firearm ownership but with illegal ownership concerning the criminal element.

While I support more stringent regulations in regards to gun show sales and stricter background checks for potential buyers, if the laws and regulations already in place were enforced unilateraly, there would be no issues.... They aren't and all executive actions will do is make Michael Bloomberg happy and cause the next incoming President (so long as it's not Hillary or Bernie) a whole bunch of grief.

Keeping firearms out of the hands of criminals lies solely with LE. Do your job....

Apply and enforce existing laws and statutes and don't come after my legally owned rifles and handguns. I followed the rules and regulations and I have a big issue with the whole mess...

End of rant.

Citizens get scared and apprehensive so the logical avenue is to purchase a firearm to protect themselves.

I wonder how many firearms stay in a drawer or closet and just collect dust, because there is a whole bunch more to responsible gun ownership than the initial purchase....

The initial purchase is just the beginning.

I believe about everyone on this site is traversing the road of responsible and legal ownership, we use our firearms for the pursuit of something we enjoy, not in commission of a felony.

It's sad when the central government views legal ownership by citizens as something not kosher....

Seems pretty kosher to me. I hunt. Of course I also shoot paper but I'd never (unless I was in eminent danger) consider shooting another human.

But what does "stricter background checks" mean. Nobody can ever tell me how it would be any different than the background check I already go through.

The left is also spreading so much misinformation and complete lies about internet purchases. Who would really trust anything else they say? Not this guy.

If voter ID is supposedly voter suppression, then how do they explain how they suppress gun rights by not only making us show an ID and do a background check. They are total liars and hypocrites. They don't want to end gun violence, they want to end gun ownership.

But what does "stricter background checks" mean. Nobody can ever tell me how it would be any different than the background check I already go through.

The left is also spreading so much misinformation and complete lies about internet purchases. Who would really trust anything else they say? Not this guy.

If voter ID is supposedly voter suppression, then how do they explain how they suppress gun rights by not only making us show an ID and do a background check. They are total liars and hypocrites. They don't want to end gun violence, they want to end gun ownership.

No doubt it will cover more ground than advertised. If anyone believes these measures are really meant to reduce crime they are quite naïve, it is about control of the population and loss of Liberty, as it has been in every other country.

There are background checks and there are background checks. The background check to purchase a firearm is nothing compared to a background check with fingerprinting and a full FBI check, it takes about a month.

Been there and done that more than once. A requirement for licensing to reach certain disciplines.

The vehicle is there, using it is another issue.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.