Cooper Supports Obama...

According to the Link supplied by "edge", Dan Cooper donated a total of $5,879.57 on 15 different occasions, per the New York Times as of today, 10/29/2008.

I might buy Coopers explanation if it was a one time event, however, 15 donations ranging from a low of $32.59 to a high of $2,100.00 is hardly a mistake, and No Where did it show even One donation to McCain.

I say his (i.e. Coopers) statement is an attempt to spread the manure to cover up the stink this has stirred up. No More Coopers for Me, thank you very much!

I e-mailed Cooper this morning and told them that I was not going to make ang disparaging remarks about Mr. Cooper, but READ BETWEEN THE LINES. Retired U.S.A.F., retired LEO, NRA member. If anyone else e-mails Cooper, keep it CLEAN. We do not have to lower ourselves to get the point across. Just got a Cabella's e-mail, going to contact them too, as they sell his products. Ron

I checked the site today. You are right it is off of there.

Here is what I really find sad. It is common sense that Obama does not support our rights to gun ownership.

Why then would a business owner put the future or his business and his employees jobs at risk. On top of that why make up a story that is so easly checked. Its a sure sign of poor judgement. Its also not fair to the employees. They work hard to make a good product and he has no regard for their future. It does not take much today for info to spread. In a depressed economy its an even bigger mistake as people investigate how and where to spend their money.

I will spend my money on a new rifle soon but it wont be a Cooper.

Just got this note from Dan Picket of Cooper Arms. i think they have made the adjustments needed.

From Dan Pickett:
Although we all believe everyone has a right to vote and donate as they see fit, it has become apparent that the fallout may affect more than just Mr. Cooper. It may also affect the employees and the shareholders of Cooper Firearms.

The board of directors has asked Mr. Cooper to resign as President of Cooper Firearms of Montana, Inc.

Daily operations will continue with the competent staff currently in place in Stevensville, MT producing the finest, most accurate rifles money can buy.

Dan Cooper has spent all of his working life producing the highest quality rifles built here in the USA. He started with nothing but the American Dream and built that into firearms company anyone would be proud of. We firmly believe Dan stands by the 2nd amendment.
We wish him all of the best in his future pursuits.

I believe he started at Kimber of Montana. He then started Cooper with two guys from Kimber of Montana. He "walked away" from Cooper for three years and then started the current Cooper. This is not the first mistake this guy has made. Check out the about us section of the web site. All of this info is there.

I am glad to hear the company had a board with enough balls to look after the employees and their own investment.

The board of directors has asked Mr. Cooper to resign as President of Cooper Firearms of Montana, Inc

DID HE RESIGN? Anybody can ask anything. That doesn't mean that they will get it.

The OFFICIAL WESITE lied about the donations!

Why should they be believed now? They are Liars, why use their services?

There is a great Gunsmith that is a tremendous contributor to LRH and he is also from Montana...I know where my money would go!

edge.

I hate that we have two or more constitutional issues in confict with each other. It would be great if we has the authors of the Federalist Papers here today to give us some advice. It is to bad we don't have a better slate of presidential canidates. Mr. Cooper though I don't agree with his politics is a good man. It saddens me to see someone crash and burn. If and when the elections are over and if they go anti gun I just hope we don't have any civil insurections (sp).

Rustystud

I suspect that the soon to be former president of Cooper Arms told his staff what to put on the web page, it went away very quickly. Many people are not aware of the information that is available on the web. A request to resign by the board is a nice way of saying you are FIRED. I am sure Cooper is gone and I regret that he chose to end his career this way, He spent a lot of years trying to build good rifles, and supporting many shooting and hunting groups. I hope that the company can continue to grow. He has been gone from Montana for sometime now, I don't know how long or why but maybe there has been other trouble that we don't know about. Let's just be thankful that we still have rifles being made in the USA by some firms and support those that are; including Cooper Arms. Many of the "American" Named Rifles are built offshore like much of our other products.
Now, how is your hunting season going?

Eagle

I've been following this closely, but my take on it is this.. If Dan is still majority stock holder of Cooper Rifles he will be getting a pay check, regardless if they ask him to step down or not. Being that I have owned no less than 12 coopers none were bought new and still own 2 after todays sale. If you don't want to support Cooper but wishgh to own a well built quality rifle. Buy them used and keep teh money out of Dan Coopers/ and Obamas pocket.

Just my thoughts,
ML

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.