Even more dangerous than Obama - If that's possible

The one bad thing about Cruz is he talks a little too much about religion. This offends those who are not religious at all. Those who are moderately religious but don't want to hear it from a politician. It also leaves the door wide open for the opposition to dig up dirt on him where his actions contradict his rigious rhetoric.

As for our right to bear arms a man from Texas would be hard to beat. Check out his video of him frying bacon on the barrel of an AR.

The one bad thing about Cruz is he talks a little too much about religion. This offends those who are not religious at all. Those who are moderately religious but don't want to hear it from a politician. It also leaves the door wide open for the opposition to dig up dirt on him where his actions contradict his rigious rhetoric.

As for our right to bear arms a man from Texas would be hard to beat. Check out his video of him frying bacon on the barrel of an AR.

He talks about religion but is not force feeding secular people to become religious. However, Libs always force feed their core values on us.
Cruz is a first term Senator who has bucked the trend and desires of the Rep. establishment, hardly a professional Politian.
I will vote for Trump if nominated but I don't know what he will do with guns, his past indicates he is not friendly to the second amendment, I believe he is appealing to the base now, it is hard for me to trust a Northeasterner running for office concerning gun control.
Cruz is the most solid of all the choices of the Republicans.

My worry is neither one of these guys can beat Hillary. The candidates the Republicans have been bringing to the game are pathetic. No wonder they can't win.

Trump is like a vulgar spoiled frat rat. He has never grown up. I don't think he is intelligent enough, knowledge enough in world affairs, or polished enough for this country to put in front of the world.

I'm not voting for Hillary, but don't think we can win with these guys.

"I don't think he is intelligent enough, knowledge enough in world affairs, or polished enough for this country to put in front of the world."
Let's see. What have all the "intelligent, polished and knowledgeable" agents of government we have put in front of the world for the past eight years done for us? Our brilliant President, Senate, and Congress, etc. have gotten us into the position we currently find ourselves both at home and abroad. Trillions in debt, deals with Iran that do nothing for us, illegal aliens streaming across our still unsecured borders, terrorists running amuck,while we bicker about whether it is "work place violence" or a terrorist attack. Apparently John Kerry fits the current public persona of an intelligent, knowledgeable and polished leader.Looked at his track record lately?

Well in all fairness, he did manage to get James Taylor to go with him to France to serenade the French and help assuage their national grief. Brilliant and very polished.

My worry is neither one of these guys can beat Hillary. The candidates the Republicans have been bringing to the game are pathetic. No wonder they can't win.

Trump is like a vulgar spoiled frat rat. He has never grown up. I don't think he is intelligent enough, knowledge enough in world affairs, or polished enough for this country to put in front of the world.

I'm not voting for Hillary, but don't think we can win with these guys.

Obama got elected twice and he certainly not grown up or polished or even moderately versed in world affairs.... I rest my case on that.

Trump don't have to be 'versed on world affairs' to lead. He WILL surround himself with competent advisors (like all president's do) and HOPEFULLY listen to them..... Like Obama DON'T.....

IMO, Trump has the best shot at Hillary (or Bernie, in as much as Bernie is leading Hillary in NH right now and is basically tied in Iowa and Hil is running scared).....

I haven't as issue with Trump debating either. Trump is an 'in your face' person and would be in Hil's or Bernie's face like tight now...

Unlike 99% of those who post here, I'm married to a gal from 'out east' and I can telly you from 32 years of marriage and knowing her family like I do that people east of the Hudson River, while sometimes a bit coarse by western and mid-western standards, are, for the most part, very honest.

I have no issue with Trump and where he comes from. His 'style' is eaxaqctly the style that predominates the folks east of the Hudson River.

We need that 'in your face' attitude today in government. We have has numerous years of 'milk toast', behind your back, devious politics. Time for a change and Trump will propel that change.

Cruz won't.

I want someone completely alien to the 'mainstream political machine', that's Trump.

I don't question the honesty of people from the Northeast generally, but for their Politicians, that's a different story. And even though there are many up there who believe in the Constitution and the Second Amendment, the mindset of the majority does not, the view of that majority and Cal as well is evident to all, as they gleefully hand over their freedom, that's their business, the rest of the country does not need to suffer over it.
If Trump is honest then he has made a serious change of heart, not only concerning gun control but many other issues, that is POSSIBLE but I am worried about that.
Again, if he is nominated I will vote for him, but Cruz is solid, and no doubt Huck & Jindal have proven themselves, but they are toast now.
I absolutely won't vote for Christie and Kas, 2 of the Libs that I am talking about in the first paragraph.
As far as Obama, his record in IL could be easily researched before he ran for Pres the first time, his anti gun roots were easy to find.

Trump has readily admitted that until 6 months ago, he wasn't a politician. The way I see it, just his running has cost him some serious money in lost endorsements and public ventures. I'd say he's 'all in' in attitude and....

People (including Trump) change their outlook and opinions as they learn more about current issues, that's only human.

I like Cruz but I like (what I hear and see) from Trump better.

Kasich is an idiot and Christie is a poster boy for weight watchers... Carly cost HP millions, Carson is too wish washy and Jeb is a dinosaur. No one else counts really. Rubio puts me in mind of Dennis Kuchinich (who I grew up with btw) and Rand is a Constitutionalist like his dad. Just to dar out to make it. I like Rand actually but he don't have a chance.

You have to give Trump credit. He's the lowest spender of all of them, taking advantage of the slanted media every chance he gets....

Well I hope so as well, but to 'hedge the outcome' I figure that a European high power air rifle might not be a bad investment...so I got one. Not a long range stick by any means but well suited for deer and smaller animals.

My greatest fear of course is Hillary and her obvious agendas.

Sometimes, I wonder what happened to normalcy in this country.

Trump goes out of his way to look, talk and act like a blithering idiot. He doesn't have a handle on a single issue put before him in the debates. It doesn't appear that he has a team who is even preparing him for a public debate, never mind a national race.

Trump's popularity lies in his outspoken position on illegal immigration and what he would do to stop/reverse it. Few candidates would speak as he does even if they agreed with him. His voiced position on the second amendment is to shore up the voting block that shudders at the thought of a new Hillary administration after 8 years of more liberalism than any of us can take.

Trump's obvious lack of knowledge coupled with his boisterous, crass and unprofessional demeanor make him unsuitable for public office at any level.

Who would take the chance of electing Trump to be the leader of the free world?

Conservative Republicans, like myself, are in trouble.

Trump goes out of his way to look, talk and act like a blithering idiot. He doesn't have a handle on a single issue put before him in the debates. It doesn't appear that he has a team who is even preparing him for a public debate, never mind a national race.

Trump's popularity lies in his outspoken position on illegal immigration and what he would do to stop/reverse it. Few candidates would speak as he does even if they agreed with him. His voiced position on the second amendment is to shore up the voting block that shudders at the thought of a new Hillary administration after 8 years of more liberalism than any of us can take.

Trump's obvious lack of knowledge coupled with his boisterous, crass and unprofessional demeanor make him unsuitable for public office at any level.

Conservative Republicans, like myself, are in trouble

I'd say you have bigger issues than the upcoming election. Where you reside, it's all about anti firearms. I'd start with your anti firearm governor first, then worry about the national spotlight.

Conservative Republicans, like myself, are in trouble.

Well said. I hope the Trump we see is just an act at this point. And if it is an act he needs to snap out of it soon. He is nothing but a buffoon at this point.

Most of his campaign contributions are $200 or less. That shows that his popularity is rising from a lower to middle class grassroots movement. But when the rubber hits the road, I don't think that group will vote for a buffoon. The republicans cannot beat Hillary with him. So what's the point of him winning the nomination?

Surely nobody here would actually vote for Hillary. The bottom line is our next president will be the person who offends the least amount of people. Hillary has been offending gun owners since Bill was president.

It all depends on whether gun owners outnumber welfare recipients and feminists. Nobody on assistance is likely to vote for Trump, and many women will vote for Hillary just because.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.