Votes: 81 5.3%
  • Not yet but I plan to introduce them to it

Votes: 273 17.8%

• Total voters

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Do Your Wife And/or Kids Hunt?

If not, are you hoping to introduce them to it?

(I changed this poll to allow more than one answer.)

Kids hunt and shoot alot
Daughter is a hunting fool.
Wife shoot some and like to shoot varmits
she also deer a controlled deer tag
retiredcpo

My wife likes shooting the rifles, not the shotguns, which I found weird, anyway, she does hunt small game with me.
My kid is only 4 years old, she is already begging me to take her deer hunting. She is not hunting yet though, but she will soon.:D:D:D

My oldest son (14) has gone with me the last three years. My daughter (18) will be joining her boyfriend this year and my wife says she'd like to give it a try this year too. I'm gonna be busy.

Not married or dating anyone so the wife part is out for me. I have 3 daughters and only one of them has continued to hunt. I could care less if I harvested a deer, as long as she gets one I'M HAPPY!! Thats all she cares to hunt. Might be interested in a bear hunt if I can ever afford one for her.

Nothing better than hunting with your kids.

My Wife enjoys bird hunting but doesn't hunt with a rifle. The Boys never had a chance - when the first one was born; I built a 4x8 box blind for deer hunting. Use to to take toys, snacks, drinks and the diaper bag (yep, actually changed them in the stand). That was a while ago now 24 & 28 and two of my favorite hunting partners. Just spent last weekend with them getting the stands ready for bow season.:D

My wife has always enjoyed shooting. She is going to start hunting this fall.

My two boys have shot and hunted ever since they were able to hold a gun.

My daughter likes to shoot. No interest in hunting. Last Feburary she competed in the Junior Olympics for Nordic skiing. They let the athletes try the biathlon - she did not miss any targets the entire day. She absolutely loved it. She is one of the top athletes in the country for Nordic skiing. If all goes as her coaches expect we may be seeing her in the olympics.

My wife started going out with her dad while he was hunting 60 years ago and she never looked back. She quit going for elk for a few years because the area we hunted was a little tough. The guys and their sons were fun but I missed the family thing so we changed and it's a family affair again. Our son started walking with Grandpa, Grandma, Mom and Dad when he was 2, 36 years ago. Next week we are looking for 8 antelope in Wyoming for Mom, Dad, Son and future daughter. Now we have to work on the Granddaughter who's 8 but the ex decided to be anti hunting after the divorce, but that's another story. For all you guys who's family doesn't hunt and shoot I am sorry. It's fun to share the experience for 365 days a year.

My fiancée is kind enough to try shooting at least... not quite to the point of getting her hunting yet ;)

Len, you forgot to include an answer that says, "Neither my wife, nor my kids hunt, and they don't plan to hunt" Both my kids are grown and have never been interested in hunting. My wife accompanies me on hunting trips, but would rather read a book than hunt (I don't understand her attitude :)
She has no problem with my hunting, though. I hope to introduce my 9-year-old grandson into hunting, but only after he has completed a course in handling a firearm and has received some further instruction at the rifle range. It looks like he is the only family member who may be a prospect as a hunting buddy. At this point, he would rather be stuck in front of a computer screen than pull a trigger.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts