Do You Hunt Ducks or Geese?

• YES

Votes: 588 47.6%
  • NO

Votes: 648 52.4%

• Total voters
Here in Arizona we dont get the water fowl shooting that some of you other guys get but we sure stay after the birds.:D

No, but wish I did. Just don't know anybody that has access to an area to hunt them here in my part of Oregon. We also have some fairly complicated regs here too, a class actually has to be taken to hunt geese around here. I'm not sure of the issue with the complex regs because with the large numbers of pest Canadian geese in the parks in my home town you'd think that the game dept would try to make it easier to hunt them. Oh well.

We can't hunt ducks or geese here in Arkansas with a high powered rifle(LongRangeHunting). That and the richocett of a projectile being fired from a rifle bouncing off a lake(pond or whatever) is too high.

But I could see it being fun with a large group of snow geese sitting in a field and a supressed AR chambered in 300Whisper.

Scott

Live in Iceland. I love to hunt ducks, but sometimes also goose. We have a lot of pinkfood goose in the higland but I have never tryed them. Mostly Graylag.

I mostly hunt mallard ducks and the season is still on and lot of duck still here to hunt. We also have some teals and they are really hard to get!

Live in Iceland. I love to hunt ducks, but sometimes also goose. We have a lot of pinkfood goose in the higland but I have never tryed them. Mostly Graylag.

I mostly hunt mallard ducks and the season is still on and lot of duck still here to hunt. We also have some teals and they are really hard to get!
Hello Maggragg Our catering kitchen is licensed under Public Health Regulations. The birds I get from the outfitter are for personal use only we do not sell or prepare wild meat for profit for anyone.We would lose our License and never get it back.I do have a recipe for quacks and honks you may enjoy it goes as follows
4 goose breasts sliced thin
1/4 c soya sauce
2 tbsp. cider vinegar
marinate 1 hour
mix together 1/2 c flour,2 tbsp. brown sugar,salt+pepper,1 tsp.ground ginger (add garlic powder,to taste
shake meat in mixture,quick fry
This is from local volunteer group fund raiser cook book

Canadian Geese and ducks are great to hunt here in ontario. Im actually in the market for a new semi auto shotgun. Im thinking of going with the browning maxus

Nope, can't get past freezing my butt in a blind sittin' still. I gota be moving.

Maybe not 'Can't', more like Haven't.

My cousin made pastrami, out of one of his. Thinking about that might get me out killing feathered game.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.