Cleaning rod stuck!

Stop with cleaning if it shoots MOA or better I don't clean at all I have hundeds of rounds down several of my barrels unless i see something on the target that makes me think I should clean I don't bother. Way more barrels ruined with a cleaning regiment than shooting them.

I doubt that most barrel makers would agree with that.
Personally when I am getting 1 MOA out of my ugly barrel nut guns, I start looking into why it's shooting so badly.
Yes many barrels have been wiped out by IMPROPER cleaning, many more have been turned from .3 MOA into 1.3 MOA. Cleaning a gun isn't splitting a beer atom. Use the proper tools and procedures and your gun will shoot better than if you do not.
A better piece of advice than not cleaning till you hit 1 MOA, would be to monitor accuracy until there is any degradation and THEN clean.
1 MOA isn't acceptable to me in any rifle I own including ARs and muzzleloaders. Shotguns and bows are exempt from this.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.