Stuck case

hesse

Have a 264 win mag that I have got a case stuck in it bolt on a closed halfway and couldn't get her to close all the way got a brown nose case puller but the collet doesn't get around the lip to get a good enough bite to pull out anybody used one of these and have any tips used a pair of small channel locks to crank that thing down as tires gave it One Small bump and it popped right off the case

Have a 264 win mag that I have got a case stuck in it bolt on a closed halfway and couldn't get her to close all the way got a brown nose case puller but the collet doesn't get around the lip to get a good enough bite to pull out anybody used one of these and have any tips used a pair of small channel locks to crank that thing down as tires gave it One Small bump and it popped right off the case
So this is a loaded round stuck in the chamber, correct?
The only safe way to remove it without the risk of the primer moving is to use a case extractor.
I have used solid brass bar dropped from the muzzle with a cushion below the round in the action, but I don't recommend this on a partially chambered round unless you use grease in the barrel and you definitely DO NOT POUND ON THE ROD, JUST TAPPING IT IS SUFFICIENT.
If you're not comfortable doing ANY of this, take it to a 'smith. I used to get quite a few of these type things every year. Do not try and put something shorter than the barrel length to tap it out with…have seen that too.

Cheers.

I always use a brass rod or even a smaller caliber of bullet and the impact will dislodge it unless you tried to force it in.
Just tip barrel down then back up again like a slide hammer.
This way no harm is done to rifling or chamber or crown

Half way down on a almost close bolt ....safty on,
smack the bold down with a dead blow hammer to size the case, force it into the chamber. Mount rifle in something that holds the rifle, lead sled cleaning fixture, etc, move safely to off, pull trigger with remote string, or wire.
Or unscrew action a quarter turm from barrel barrel, increased head space, the bolt will close, fire remote, as above.
Take the barrel off, tie it down inside a safty area, light a small touch pointed to the primer, get out fast.
Machinist or hobby type thread the barrel, then tap threaded cap for grease fitting fill barrel with oil, cap and pump full of grease until the hydraulic pressure pops out the case.
With the barrel in the lathe, use a sharp trepan tool and coolent...(do not heat up brass case) .. cut brass around the primer, live primer and brass core removed, dump powder, thread tap case head and pull case.

FYI I had get a Steal 1/4 rod and put the Barreled action in the barrel vice use a 2.5 lbs hammer and BEAT the ever loving Hell out of it like it owed me a lot of money. But it is out
It's out…but how much damage has your steel rod done? This is why I mentioned BRASS.
You are very lucky that that primer stayed put beating on a loaded round…I have seen the results of someone doing that.

Cheers.

It's out…but how much damage has your steel rod done? This is why I mentioned BRASS.
You are very lucky that that primer stayed put beating on a loaded round…I have seen the results of someone doing that.

Cheers.
No where had brass where I am at . The bore scope did not show any damage. I don't think brass would have taken the amount of force I have 6 inches out past the end of the barrel and I drill a hole I piece of steal and weld it to make good contact I bent the rod hit it as hard as I was. If it don't shoot then I will get a barrel for it not real happy with the one that is on it now any how

A hammer works...if not get a bigger hammer, the hammer has solving problems for thousands of years.
Then a 20 ton press might work too... but its not a hammer, everyone has a hammer.🙂
The hammer works on home invasion bad guys too, when the modern gun is out of commission. "Bang, Bang, Maxwell's silver hammer comes down, on his head"..heard it in a love song,.. so it must be true... the faithful hammer.