Need a new cleaning rod for range use.

C-130 Dude

Hi,
Broke my cleaning rod I used for 20+ years at the range. I need suggestions on a new one. This is to be used at the range only. Multi piece and one piece acceptable-8/32. Solid rods, no soft pull throughs. Cost is not a factor, only want strong/longevity. Any suggestions out there?

Hi,
Broke my cleaning rod I used for 20+ years at the range. I need suggestions on a new one. This is to be used at the range only. Multi piece and one piece acceptable-8/32. Solid rods, no soft pull throughs. Cost is not a factor, only want strong/longevity. Any suggestions out there?
I use tipton and bore tech. Both teflon coated, good ball bearing handles. Like both,, flip a coin.

I used Tipton Deluxe and Dewey until I purchased my first Montana Extreme. They are the best rods that I've ever used. Don't have to worry about breaking like the carbon fiber ones and the exterior coating doesn't damage your barrel. They aren't too bad at making kids mind, in a pinch, either!
Now I know what the Bible meant about sparing the rod and spoiling the child....Montana Extreme coated rod hmmmm, gives that all new meaning........

Hi,
Dude I found one at Walmart online for nearly nothing.
It's one-piece aluminum & I've just left it at the range for over a year now. When I occasionally need it, it's really handy! (Great for when a casing hangs, etc)

I just got a rifle done. Talking to the smith. I ask about cleaning rods. He pointed me to Tipton. It's an all Carbon Fiber rod instead of carbon over steel. I have others, but made the change to All Carbon Rod. On Carbon over steel the Carbon wears off, and you are now steel to steel.