CED Customer Service

I have the infared screens on my ced... and have had mixed results with them as well. In direct sun, it actually works worse with them.

Hmmm, that's not exactly what I was wanting to hear. :(

Is direct sunlight the reason some are building a box around the infrared screens?

Seems as though there is a WIDE variance in how this unit works for some versus others. Not a real confidence builder in my opinion.

Maybe since I've had pretty good luck so far, I'll just leave things alone for now.

There does seem to be a wide variance. Ced told me in direct sun the it screens will not work well as I said. But pact said theirs work in all conditions that is the whole point of it screens and oehler said they have not found much need for it screens outside almost no matter what the conditions.

It seems to me that the chronograph industry as a whole is very "hit or miss."

From what I've seen, guys that build a box do so to increase the units function. I'll likely be building one before long, as virtually every chrono seems to benefit from it.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.