Bullet Puller

The beauty of the RCBS bullet puller is the way the collet is made.The case bottoms out on the base of the collet.That way you cannot ruin the brass like with the Hornady.
Just watched 1/2 dozen videos comparing RCBS with Hornady bullet puller and the RCBS wins hands down for me.For others it may not matter.
Seeing how I already have the RCBS puller. It''s a winner for me. I got the puller when I bought some dies from a buddy. I don't think it's ever been used. It has no collects.

Not many were happy with the results on this thread. Possibly yours is better ? Or you found a technique that works well for you ? It looked slick in their video. Kind of reminded me of a brake flaring tool to hold the bullet.
Most of my chambers have a longer freebore. Therefore, the bullet is not seated as deep. I have bearing surface to grab if you have very little bearing surface and it slips it will mark the bullets.
Also, I believe it is slightly beveled. You must use it with the letters facing upward.

Well the RCBS puller didn't work for me. The bullets are too long. When I go to tighten the collet, it pushes the bullet away from where it can grab the bearing surface.

Any ideas?

Well the RCBS puller didn't work for me. The bullets are too long. When I go to tighten the collet, it pushes the bullet away from where it can grab the bearing surface.

Any ideas?
Make sure you have the right diameter collet and that it is backed out enough for the bullet to fully engage in the collet.

Any ideas?
I already shared mine.

Lyman Magnum Inertia Bullet Puller.jpg

Lyman Magnum Inertia Bullet Puller1.jpg
Lyman Magnum Inertia Bullet Puller2.jpg

Make sure you have the right diameter collet and that it is backed out enough for the bullet to fully engage in the collet.
Have the correct collect. I place it right above the brass and I as tighten the collet you can see it push the cartridge back down.

Wish I knew someone that had one to make sure it would work before buying one.
I could send you mine to try, but for the price of shipment to and from, it is cheaper to buy at $25 at Amazon. The choice is yours to make. IMHO, at this point, what do you have to lose? I have 3 inertia hammers (FA, RCBS, and Lyman), Grip-N-Pull, and RCBS collet when I need it. Luckily, I have not made too many mistakes in the last decade. Good luck.

Any ideas?
Are you grabbing the bullet just above the case's mouth? You might check your collet size and be sure it's correct and just not close enough as they say.
Cheers

I could send you mine to try, but for the price of shipment to and from, it is cheaper to buy at $25 at Amazon. The choice is yours to make. IMHO, at this point, what do you have to lose? I have 3 inertia hammers (FA, RCBS, and Lyman), Grip-N-Pull, and RCBS collet when I need it. Luckily, I have not made too many mistakes in the last decade. Good luck.
I know what you mean about shipping. I'll ask a few buddies and see if they have one. I may keep a round with me next time I'm in town and see what the sporting goods store is selling. I usually only have to pull one or two rounds when doing load work/pressure test, but this XC cartridge is sure teaching me how unconventional it is when it comes to tools for it.