Bullet behind Bullet

When I was running my 325 wsm hard for a bit .I packed barnes and AB.s, the barnes for shooting into the thick alder patches game in alot of area I hunted

I'd go with one bullet, no need to be messing around and screw something up. Now I'm not shooting past 600 yds, but for both my rifles I pick the bullet that wont blow up at close range and will expand nicely at 600 yds. Bonded bullets or heavy for caliber bullets will do the job.

Depends what you call close range, but even if it's 2moa off at a 100, the close range doesn't matter and have it zeroed for longer range,
Or zero your close range bullet and have offsets on your dope cards for the long range so when you dial it in, you dial for the different zero

It's simple to run the ballistics on two bullets, you just zero for the close to medium range bullet then you use zero off sets for the long range bullet since you have to dial anyway you just run it like normal, with ballistics programs you can have zero off sets for every bullet you ever load and never move rezero the dials.

I remember testing different bullets doing load dev w/o cleaning and it did not work well. Solved it by mistake, cleaning.
So I would never attempt it. I would not even switch powders w/o cleaning. For the amount of free time I have, and the number of guns I have, I see no reason to change my thoughts.

I am not saying it wont work though.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.