Bullet Puller

idcwby

Got to pull the bullets on some 33XC loads and realized that it won't work with kinetic puller. What is a good choice for a cartridge this big? I've looked at the collect style, but worried it'll damage the bullets.

Last edited:
Will the 33xc not fit in the kinetic hammer?
My 338 RUM won't fit in the hammer so I expect 33xc won't either. I had to open mine up with a dremel.

Collet puller will work well enough depending on bullet profile. I was able to pull SMK's and Grand Slams with no damage, but couldn't grand ELDM's well and scarred the hell out of them when I tried several times really cranking it down.

I have a Forest bullet puller and the handle broke the first week I got it.I contacted the company many many times and they will not respond.
Bought a Hornady bullet puller but for some reason I can't get it to pull bullets on a regular basis without damaging them.
Gonna try the RCBS bullet puller next as that hammer is a lot of work.

I have a Forest bullet puller and the handle broke the first week I got it.I contacted the company many many times and they will not respond.
Bought a Hornady bullet puller but for some reason I can't get it to pull bullets on a regular basis without damaging them.
Gonna try the RCBS bullet puller next as that hammer is a lot of work.
I recently picked up a Frankfort arsenal univeral. I've tried many others. I had low expectations given its heritage. I'm Completely Satisfied - if not even more so. Worked consistently great. I was pleasantly blown away.!

I've pulled ALOT of bullets from several big 338s. Rcbs collet puller works well. No scarring I've noticed, just be aware of the neck. I have also bit the top of cases with it. Now, I pull the case back down just a tiny bit before I clamp down on the collet. Practice makes perfect! Lol
I HATE to pull bullets!! If they've been seated awhile, pushing them down into the case first will loosen them, and help ease the process.

Got to pull the bullets on some 33XC loads and realized that it won't work with kinetic puller. What is a good choice for a cartridge this big? I've looked at the collect style, but worried it'll damage the bullets.
Not all kinetic bullet pullers are made the same; check out the Lyman Magnum Inertia Bullet Puller.

Lyman Magnum Inertia Bullet Puller.jpg

I have RCBS and FA, and the Lyman is the way to go. I also have collets and Grip-N-Pull, but I prefer the inertia bullet puller over them.

Last edited:
I have had 3 inertia pullers, broke all 3 fairly quickly. Moved onto the RCBS Collet Puller, it handles all but 1 of my calibres with ease. The 50 cal collet for 505 Gibbs kept breaking trying to pull heavily crimped 600g bullets, they are too thin and easily break, have broken a collet on a 500 Nitro too, but I think it was already cracked from use on the 505 Gibbs. Each collet isn't cheap, but rarely poses a problem, other than the thin 50 cal, the 45 cal has never broken. I have every cal but 24…no need, I'll never own a 6mm anyway.

Cheers.