Bullet Puller

Okay, I understand that they are not yours... so try using some washers between the " bullet puller die body" and the tightening lever/handle. It won't take many, that should lift the shaft of the lever/handle far enough up for you.
If you want you could call RCBS and tell them what the problem is and see if they could provide you another lever/handle so you could cut/gride it, but... I think the washer hack will work out. Good luck Cheers
The washer idea worked. So, I'll just stick with that for now. 😁. A longer collet and die body would fix the situation also.
IMG_7509.jpeg

IMG_7510.jpeg

Riceguy,
Sorry but I wouldn't consider living in CA anywhere to be lucky! And I was born in LA. I was just smart enough to get out! I now live in MO, out in the woods with my own 100 yard range in my back yard. At least you live in the better half of CA, even if you do have to put up with newsom & his ilk!

You're right about RCBS, they're customer service is right up there with Dillon and Leupold!

If you are seating bullets back into a case where a bullet has been pulled you should at least neck size it or yes, the bullet will be loose. It doesn't have to be fully neck sized, just down to where the base of the bullet will seat if it isn't below the neck.

On ammo that will be fired from a semi auto and should have a crimp, I use an old size die that has been cut down so it doesn't contact anything but the neck and then use it to taper crimp the round about a 1/8th inch down the case mouth. I've never had problems using this method when shooting .223 (AR's) or 308 Win (HK91). If it's a heavy recoiling round I crimp in the cannelure but unless your brass is trimmed carefully, this can be a real pain! I take care to trim my .338 brass to very close tolerances!
Cheers,
crkckr
I Understand your feeling about California. But remember we were the State that gave you Ronald Reagan. We've been here since the 1800's hard to leave when you have a farming heritage. I'm the 4th generation and my Grandsons are the 6th on the Farm. We keep hoping another Reagan will emerge to save us all. We really consider Northern Ca to be a separate State, in fact there is a movement to do so. The New State will be called the State of Jefferson
Thank You on affirming my thoughts on reseating pulled bullets. In fact I did some today.

Unfortunately, the split between North & Southern CA has been "in the works" for a very long time and nothing has ever come from it and probably never will. At least one can hope it happens and the sooner the better. Of course, you guys would have to move the wall from the border of Mexico to wherever the split happens!

Leaving the family farm would be heart breaking, that i understand fully. Even if you got a good price for it, trying to start over somewhere would be a real challenge to your sanity! Even farm land here in MO is expensive and then you might find yourself bidding against some big corporation! It's a dilemma that's hard to resolve. Probably shelter where you are and hope for the best. In the meantime, people like newsome are doing their best to turn the whole country into a commie paradise! Good luck!
Cheers,
crkckr

The only way I can think of for a primer to go off with a inertia puller is for someone to hit the thing hard enough that the primer cup hits the anvil hard enough to set it off... which would take a really incredible amount of gee force! Me thinks someone may have been using the inertia bullet puller as though it were a... dare I say it? A hammer?! I have pulled many rounds apart using the RCBS inertia puller and have never experienced a primer detonation. I had never even heard of it happening until reading it here, so I'm thinking it's got to be relatively rare. Of course, whenever dealing with any kind of impact around primers, safety glasses are a must. I know I broke a couple of the pullers, including hitting one a bit sideways and breaking a chunk of the tube off, until I actually read and understood the instructions and learned to use them properly, under which circumstances I believe they should be perfectly safe to use. Operative word there is "should" so taking precautions is always the better part of valor!
Cheers,
crkckr

I used kinetic pullers for years and finally got a Hornady collet puller last year. It makes kinetic pullers seem like "caveman" technology". Much easier and don't spill a drop of powder, and haven't noticed any damage to the bullets. I only shoot .300 and down calibers. It does sound from the posts of others that the RCBS collet puller would be better for crimped rounds and larger calibers.

I also have been loading over 50 years, When working up loads I start at the bottom and work up, when I find a node I like I will end up pulling the higher loads and save the components for future use. They are way to expensive to just shoot-em up nowadays. Thus, the RCBS collet puller is my choice. In fact I'm heading to their factory this morning to chat with them. Anybody need anything from them?

Well, I work up loads, too, but I just have to step out my sliding glass door to torch one off! If I need to go to my bench for accuracy testing, I have to walk about 50 or so feet... but it's up hill!
Cheers,
crkckr
Was the same for me till I moved to town, My Eldest son lives there now. But its only 5 miles for me to drive. Have a 100-300 yard range there.
Over at the other Farm I have a 900-yard Range, couldn't get a 1000 without going over the county road.