Bullet Choice to Save the most Meat

Gday 59FLH
"sure made an easy field dress"

Did Matrix advertise that as a performance feature?

Fordy's takes the hide off, yours guts them, anyone shoot a bullet that cuts and wraps?

That's a great post
Thankyou
It's nice to see some light headed comments

Please let me know when you stumble onto that bullet 😜
Cheers

I am a total meat hunter. Long ago I became a neck shooter. Find some anatomy diagrams on the web and study them. You hit the spine they drop. Miss and hit the juglers 30 yds max. Don't underestimate hydrostatic shock in the throat area. Never lost an animal neck shooting. One trick: have an elk cow call or deer bleat call in your mouth-toot once to stop them and when they look at you click bang.

Shot placement is the key to less meat loss. Bullet choice does not matter. I have shot several deer with a 100gr hp in my 264wm with no meat loss. Base of ear is the best place to shoot them.

Shot placement is the key to less meat loss. Bullet choice does not matter. I have shot several deer with a 100gr hp in my 264wm with no meat loss. Base of ear is the best place to shoot them.
Years ago I kept a couple of 85 grain hp on my stock shell holder with my 264
On 1-100 yard shots I used those for neck (just behind the head) shots with devastating results

My apologies Sir

I thought you were "strictly concerned about preservation of meat"

My mistake

You keep on throwing away all that neck meat….. probably would not like it anyways
I'm not, others might be. I take the best shot given the scenario. Also some people prioritize the rest of the animal over the neck meat. So you're welcome to take your opinion and your neck meat and do your thing and I'll continue to do mine.

CEB 275 grain lazer out of a 338 edge. 300 yds.
F28D06A6-C6D9-4FEE-80D8-FA5B2CF0E8C7.jpeg
58C67EA7-C929-483F-900E-4B942F71E5F0.jpeg

Years ago I kept a couple of 85 grain hp on my stock shell holder with my 264
On 1-100 yard shots I used those for neck (just behind the head) shots with devastating results
I have tried 85gr hp at 3826fps but they explode to quick. They do work well on ground hogs. Not much left. I push the 100gr bullets at 3700fps and they do the job nicely.