.338 bullet choice

A buddy of mine shoots the Sierra 250gr gamekings with really good results. Groups usually under .75 inches dont know the fps but anything he's hit hasn't gone far.

I'm shooting a 33 nosler more and more-- it is like a 338 win mag +P. I really like the 230 ELDX as mentioned above--about perfect for the 338 win mag as far as weight and shape. we had a lot of trouble getting 250s up around 2700fps in the 338 win mag--just not fast enough for me. with the 230s 2850 is par for the course. I really liked the 215 gameking bullet--if I remember right I'd get a bit over 2900 fps and was a real hammer out of the win mag. if you want to shoot 250s ream to a 33 nobler...I have 2 and they will push a 250 berger/gamekings 2820-2850 fps no problems.

I bet the 230's would be holy terror on deer. Don't know about moose as I've never shot one. I've only seen a few up close and they are BIG!
If you do as HARPERC, Steve and doug said and try the Hammers, my vote would be for the 213's. I'm using the 236 in my .338 RUM and they are pretty long.

My next bullet in the 338 will be the GS Custom 200 Gr HV at about 3000. Good BC, fast and reduced recoil. I'm using their 200 GR HV in 375 now. The 338 will be longer and have a better BC. Just having too much fun with the 375 right now. http://www.gsgroup.co.za/02hv.html

Here's the 213 gr Hammer when I was zeroing the scope at 200 yards. The lower were the first 2 shots, then 2 touching were the final adjustment and verification.
I'm not a spokesperson for Steve and his Hammer bullets, but I load them in 5 different cartridges because they are so good. A monolithic bullet with higher velocity, lower pressure, superb accuracy and lethal on game. There may be no perfect bullet, but these are as close as it gets!!

Attachments

• 6F048544-C00A-4B3D-84D1-C93AE32B1B9A.jpeg
    6F048544-C00A-4B3D-84D1-C93AE32B1B9A.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 285
Here's a 4 shot group with the 124 gr Hammer Hunter at 100 yards in my 6.5-284 Norma

Attachments

• DCC58587-383E-41D0-A6A5-BCA07980D1E5.jpeg
    DCC58587-383E-41D0-A6A5-BCA07980D1E5.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 260
Thanks Doug! I get lots of calls and emails from guys with the same results that you are getting. Most guys don't like to post on the open forum for whatever reason. They truly are the easiest bullet, that I am aware of, to get superior accuracy.

Thanks again for posting!

Steve

Thanks Doug! I get lots of calls and emails from guys with the same results that you are getting. Most guys don't like to post on the open forum for whatever reason. They truly are the easiest bullet, that I am aware of, to get superior accuracy.

Thanks again for posting!

Steve

I'm more than happy to tell people how great your product is, because it lives up to your claims. The bullets are a work of art. The consistency and detail of each bullet is incredible, and the performance results speak for themselves. Plus, your customer service is great. I've been a pain with lots of questions and needing help with some loads, and you've been nothing but helpful the whole time. I wish you nothing but success now, and exponential growth into the future. I love your product, so keep doing what you're doing

I'm more than happy to tell people how great your product is, because it lives up to your claims. The bullets are a work of art. The consistency and detail of each bullet is incredible, and the performance results speak for themselves. Plus, your customer service is great. I've been a pain with lots of questions and needing help with some loads, and you've been nothing but helpful the whole time. I wish you nothing but success now, and exponential growth into the future. I love your product, so keep doing what you're doing
All I can say is, wow!

Steve

After a little time to digest this. Thank you. This is exactly what we work every day trying to achieve. Both Brian and I despise the idea of producing a product that is less than intended. When we get confirmation that we are achieving our goals it takes a sec to put it into perspective.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.