.338 bullet choice

Decided to try the 230 ELDX, I do not have any load data for this bullet. Obviously I don't have a new enough book. Can anyone help me out for a starting load. I have H 4350, H 1000 and retumbo on hand. But obviously I will try what is recommended.

Decided to try the 230 ELDX, I do not have any load data for this bullet. Obviously I don't have a new enough book. Can anyone help me out for a starting load. I have H 4350, H 1000 and retumbo on hand. But obviously I will try what is recommended.

I would use 225 grain data for minimums and work up looking for accuracy and pressure.

I'm going to tell you to look at the Hammer Bullets again. The 213gr out of my 338 Lapua made short work of a Kodiak Island mountain back in October. Through both shoulders with a little less than a golf ball sized exit wound. The vitals were jelly

I'm going to tell you to look at the Hammer Bullets again. The 213gr out of my 338 Lapua made short work of a Kodiak Island mountain back in October. Through both shoulders with a little less than a golf ball sized exit wound. The vitals were jelly
If a little heavier is desired the 236g Hammer Hunter is the same length as the 213g Hammer Hunter. When we designed the 213g we used the 236g as the start point and just "trimmed all the fat" and came up with the 213g.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.