Big guns

browndcm

Just curious
Anyone here use a 375 H&H I bought one (CZ) to go to Africa but never got there unfortunately

Yes, second favorite all around cartridge after the 30-06.
Yes i love my 30-06's got a sako m85 and a model 70 winchester, both very accurate for me lol and nice looking rifles
The mod 70 has a thumbhole stock
Both are a pleasure to shoot

Love them, sold my push feed model 70 and looking for crf . I had a great load with 235 tsx's around 3k that would bughole and terminate hogs very well

The smallest caliber that I've used on Bear was....375 dia. (375 H&H). The largest was .429 dia. ( S&W 629 with 265 grain cast bullets).

My wife has taken one with a .270 Win., and her most recent with a .338 WM....hardly a big-bore! memtb

Never fired a pistol that big, quite a ullet I think, hope it has a long heavy barrel and maybe ported
That is a mother of a handgun lol

I have the same rifle, CZ 550 .375H&H. Extremely accurate. A little on the heavy side.
Unique to CZ, holds 5 rounds in the box and 1 in the chamber. It's said the .375 270gr. has the same trajectory as a 30-06 180gr. Excellent elk gun, just don't use 300gr. They are heavy jackets used for dangerous game. Hornaday 270gr. Best bullet, and will shoot 1/2" 3 shot group out of my CZ 550.

I have a Weatherby Mark V "Safari Classic" in 375 H&H. Classic straight comb French walnut stock, no monte carlo, vertical ebony fore end tip, quarter rib with standing and folding leaf irons, hooded front sight, barrel band front sling swivel, steel grip cap. Only about 100 were made in 1992. The Weatherby that doesn't look like a Weatherby. Smooth as silk and it shoots too. JM

I bought one (CZ) to go to Africa but never got there unfortunately

Not to late to go....

I have owned 2 of the left hand CZ 550s...great guns. I had one by the custom shop in 505 Gibbs --ended up selling that one to a friend in Utah. The other is stripped down for a 404 project I have in the works.

I have never used the 375 HH much( borrowed one to help finish off a Buffalo for a friend one time) --even though I like the cartridge a lot. I have just favored the 375 RUM(shot a ton of game with the RUM) and the improved version the 375 weatherby.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.