Best time to be in the stand during the rut

What’s your favorite time to be in the stand if you only have 4 hours?

• Early AM sunrise -10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mid day 10 - 2

• Afternoon 2 - sunset

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

birddog 68

We're talking whitetail.
Of course any time during the day can be the best but interested in hearing other members time frame that has been the most productive for them.
We'll say the weather is stable and isn't a factor for this poll.

5-10 minutes before legal shooting light has been great for a couple of nice whitetail bucks for me and late afternoons for does. Great question and not easy to answer. I've harvested them all hours over the many years but right at dusk still gets me in "high alert". I'm going with statistics (mine). Excellent thread and poll.

Well, from 9:30 PM until at least 7:00 AM is a good time to be in bed, so I guess from 2:30 PM until 5:30 PM for me. Over the past few years, morning hunts have gotten to be tough for me. I do it in rifle season but with the added "attention to detail" it takes for an AM Bow hunt (showering, scent control, lugging the climber in, etc.) I just don't have the juice for it anymore multiple times during the rut. I may do it for a morning or 2 but it really takes it outta me anymore.

PS - Last year I started to get cramps in my adductor muscles (upper inner thighs) from using the climber too much. They were excruciating.