When is the rut in North Arkansas

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by davewilson, Mar 31, 2008.

1. davewilson

davewilson Well-Known Member

a friend i work with is planning a hunt in N. Arkansas. wanted to know when the rut would peak and the best buck movement would be for that neck of the woods.

2. Nomosendero

Nomosendero Well-Known Member

The end of the first week to second week of gun season, about Nov. 12-16 or so is the peak of the rut, but our warm fall weather can screw that up at times, making it less predictable than up North. This is when I have killed most of my larger bucks with a rifle.

The first muzzleloader season in North AR (late Oct) is during the chase period & you will see alot of young Bucks & Does. The part of the bow season between the first MZ. season & gun season is good as well.

PM me for more info if you wish.

3. Bravo 4

Bravo 4 Well-Known Member

+1 on that

4. leatherman92

leatherman92 Well-Known Member

mid nov is best I hunt in nwa.

5. Jimm

Jimm Writers Guild

Dave , the rut is usually

in the fall . About always it comes in the fall . If you want to know the "times for the absolute best time to be in the woods guaranteed to kill the biggest bucks ever " just send a blank check signed and made out to me .

I will be sure and send you my bestest guess of when you can kill a .............. deer !

[​IMG]

all in fun Dave , I trust you know that . On a serious note , let me know when you will be in state as I have friends both north and south and they keep their ear close to the ground as regards buck movements . You can also get a steak dinner at my hacienda just by calling / emailing ahead of time .

Jim B.,

6. davewilson

davewilson Well-Known Member

Jim, thanks for the offer but i won't be coming out there. a buddy i work with is hunting for free on a ranch with a couple of his friends. if i ever get in your neck i'll give you a shout. never stayed in one of those hacienda things!