Best sizing lube ever?

Never thought about beeswax - is it sticky? I used Imperial for years and it is OK. But then I discovered Hornady Unique, and IMO it is the best. And a tub of it will last you for many years.

Never thought about beeswax - is it sticky? I used Imperial for years and it is OK. But then I discovered Hornady Unique, and IMO it is the best. And a tub of it will last you for many years.

Not sticky at all........just slick. I will try Hornady unique.

I have a small base die for my .223. Cases were hard to get in there when using Imperial. Started back using the RCBS lube on my roll pad and they went in like butter.

Not until you need something better. Well, I can't think of anything wrong with use of kroil, or even motor oil if you wanted. Seems like it would be difficult to clean off though.

I have a tube of STP Oil Treatment Multi Purpose Lubricant. I can not remember even where I got it. It is clear and the same thickness as RCBS lube. It has a couple chemicals that give some serious warnings on it. I do not have my original RCBS bottle as it cracked. to compare it to. I put the lube that was left in 2, 35 MM film containers several years ago. I have used it to lube 270 Win. cases for FL sizing. It worked slick.

I'll have to stick with the old Imperial. A product made for sizing....not lubing my lawnmower and attempting to use it for case sizing

Used the original RCBS Back in 1971. It used to contain Lanolin which is a by-product of wool and contains some salt. When we cleaned out the target shack at Hamilton AFB (since closed) we found a 15 gallon barrel of Lithium Multi-Purpose chassis grease. A #10 coffee can of it followed me home. It has the best lubricity of any product I've tried. Synthetic motor oil also works but it is difficult to put it on thin enough. Since I wash my cases after sizing the dish soap gets it all off.

I switched to the aerosol can of RCBS but you gotta watch the trigger finger as too much is just a second away. It is not as slick as the MP chassis grease.

Found some Hornady One Shot pump bottle lube on the discount shelf last year. The label claims it will not contaminate powder or primers. I do not intend to find out. That test is for someone else. It is the first product that is as slick as the MP Lithium Grease. It also is very forgiving as to amount and I find it easy to keep from denting the shoulders with too much. The only caveat is to let it dry completely. If you haven't tried it you may want to. It is cheap too and washes out with a single cycle of dish soap.

I'm sold!

KB

Since alot of people are using alternative lubes I wonder what CLP Breakfree would do, I think I will size a few and see. Any thoughts?..

does anybody have any home brews for inside neck lube? I wonder if I wash the cases after sizing with dish soap if I could use some of the oil based lubes in the neck or would I get all of the lube flushed?

Home brew, maybe, probably not. Been using and will continue to use Master Chemical synthetic deep drawing compound. It's an extreme pressure (EP) synthetic drawing lubricant formulated for deep drawing of high strength steels and alloys in the automotive stamping business. Drawing (sizing) annealed brass is a simple operation compared to deep drawing material in dies that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Maybe I should order up a 5 gallon pail and a gazillon plastic 1 ounce squeeze bottles and market the stuff.

Been using it for years in my machine shop and for sizing all my brass and running tryout dies.. Never stuck a case, in fact, I don't do every case, every 3rd case is fine because once the drawing compound deposits itself in the die bore, it takes a couple cases to break the EP film barrier.

i use this yep good old dish washing detergent just use sparingly

Attachments

• IMG_0861 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0861 (Small).JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 58
does anybody have any home brews for inside neck lube? I wonder if I wash the cases after sizing with dish soap if I could use some of the oil based lubes in the neck or would I get all of the lube flushed?

I use Redding Imperial dry neck lube. It is powdered graphite so no need to wash the case after sizing and the residue lubes the neck for seating the bullet.

Pretty apparent that sizing elixr's are like mouthwash. Everyone prefers a different one but that all make your breath better................ just say'in.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.