Best case lube!

RichCoyle

The thread about a stuck case made me want to share my results of the best case lube. I have been loading for about fifty years. In the beginning I used the RCBS case lube on the pad. Eventually I tried Hornady One Shot and liked it. Then I tried Imperial and it was okay also. With all the above I encountered a stuck case or two or more with each.
20230811_114351.jpg

Now I use Corbin.

Well, for around 20 years, I have been using a 100% bees wax for leather conditioning and have never even had a sticky case, let alone a stuck case.
I had ONE stuck case in my handloading career, using a Lyman FL 17 Remington die…don't know why it stuck, case had been rolled on a RCBS Lube pad with RCBS II case lube. Tore the rim off and the case remover pulled the head off. Went in the bin after that.

Cheers.

Last edited:
I have stuck my fair share of them unfortunately and have had only two that I can't get out.

The worst stuff I mess with is belt fed brass, it's a pain

I use imperial and have yet to have a stuck case. I have noticed that it gets even better when I have sized for a while and my hands warm up a bit from rubbing the brass around. I don't skimp on it and just rub them with a towel damp from rubbing alcohol afterwards. They come out squeaky clean.

I use royal case and die lube. Never a stuck case and wipes off completely. Ive used rcbs, lee, lanolin, imperial, hornady and royal is much better. Been using the same bottle for over 3 yrs and still over half full