Best Shot size for Coyotes

Looking for opinions on best shot size to use with 10 GA for Coyotes. I have BB, BBB and T-Shot.

Or should I use my 3.5 inch 12 GA with Remington HyperSonic 2 shot.

Based off terrain , all shots will be 60 yards or closer. Variety of chokes for both, looking for input on that as well.

Also have plenty of 12 ga 2.75 #4 and 00 Buckshot. Only thing heavier than T shot for 10 ga is slugs.
Apex T-shot or bb's will smoke them easily at 60 yards with a 3inch 12 ga.Prepare for sticker shock when you see the price but a proven round.

I ended up buying a reloader for the 10 ga and resourcing components from Ballistic Products.

#1 Nickel Plated lead Buckshot has proven devasting, I can fit 24 of the 8.4 mm pellets with a lot of Blue Dot behind them. I switch between this and TSS #5 (when I can get it) with TPS Wads.

Looking for opinions on best shot size to use with 10 GA for Coyotes. I have BB, BBB and T-Shot.

Or should I use my 3.5 inch 12 GA with Remington HyperSonic 2 shot.

Based off terrain , all shots will be 60 yards or closer. Variety of chokes for both, looking for input on that as well.

Also have plenty of 12 ga 2.75 #4 and 00 Buckshot. Only thing heavier than T shot for 10 ga is slugs.
Bbb and T shot sound like steel shot. Much past 20 yards will probably only tickle coyotes. At least north eastern coyotes I've seen them take several 3.5" 12 ga 4 shot to anchor solidly. I've never tried any buckshot on them up here a rifle works much better.

.12ga, BBB .19 cal, and # 4 .24 cal I did hunt with a guy that used FF shot .23 cal and did very well with it, as I recall from the younger days, popping Yote with shotguns. Cheers

#2 TSS is gonna fold them up way on out there. As far as your pattern holds density.

You will literally need to laser range distance and know holdovers to take full advantage of #2 TSS lethal pellet range.

I had to burn a few TSS shells on cardboard backers to determine pattern density and proper holdover at 80yds and 100yds.
Or, you could use any center-fire rifle.

So im using a browning gold 10. What choke should i get to run Tss T-shot 37 pellets at 1400fps. My briley impMod did fair at long range. 720 TERROR tube didnt to as good( i assume over constriction). The briley put 8 pellets in a 12inch shoot-n-see at 100yds. So thats 21%. With tss in large pellet size what is a reasonable pattern to expect? And does the pattern stay tight with an ic or LM?

So im using a browning gold 10. What choke should i get to run Tss T-shot 37 pellets at 1400fps. My briley impMod did fair at long range. 720 TERROR tube didnt to as good( i assume over constriction). The briley put 8 pellets in a 12inch shoot-n-see at 100yds. So thats 21%. With tss in large pellet size what is a reasonable pattern to expect? And does the pattern stay tight with an ic or LM?
Largest TSS shot size I've loaded is #0000 buckshot. Tightest choke I've shot that buckshot in is improved cylinder, and it shoots a very tight pattern. I've also loaded and shot TSS #1 buck and TSS #4 buck in Imp Cyl with tight patterns. My friend shot my TSS #4 Buck load in a Mod choke and it shot tight dense patterns too. But our buckshot loads were brown/grizzly bear defense loads. So we never patterned them past ~40 yards.

The largest TSS shot size I've patterned at 100yds is #4, from a full choke, and ~50-55% of the pellets hit within a 30" diameter circle.

I'd suggest trying Modified with #Ts. Too tight of a choke with those large sized pellets could damage your choke tube.

The only way you'll know which choke patterns tightest is to shoot your load through them. I'd try both Imp Cyl and Mod. They'll probably both shoot tight dense patterns. Then use the better of those two chokes. Measure the ID of your Mod choke tube before and after shooting that T shot with calipers, to ensure it's not expanding any. I don't think it will. But be good to monitor it.

I expect you'll kill a coyote with TSS T shot as far away as your pattern holds tightly enough to put 4-5 pellets into solid body thickness. Past 80 - 90 yds, you'll need to closely know the range and proper holdovers. I need 18" elevation at 100yds with my duplex load of #4/#5 pellets.

I believe #2 or #1 TSS shot pellets will carry sufficient speed/energy to fully penetrate a coyote torso out to 130-140yds. If loading your own shells and wanting to kill them past 100 yds, I'd suggest #2s or #1s, to gain additional pattern density at those distances.

A friend of mine loaded 3+ oz of TSS #4 buckshot in his 10ga. He killed a whitetail a long long long way out there. I don't dare provide the yardage. Or the ethical hunting comments will flow like vomit.

I think Shotgunning Yotes is more about the calling techniques and getting them in close, those multiple dog show-ups when they break, well... sometimes those squirters left and right move real fast on the break, and a fast shotgun works wonders. Just my 0.2 Cheers.