Best scope cover for ATACR?

I agree that the Aluminas are a great scope cover - but they won't work on a NF! Aadmount appears to work on any scope you have/request.

I know what you mean, I had several NXS scopes with BC(older) covers myself.
Down to one remaining. I think Butler Creek has gone downhill. Maybe Aadmount is better, and expensive or not I would look into them for scopes other than Leupold.

Functional flip-up covers in the field are like power windows & locks in my truck.
Now that I've had them, I Just can't be happy without them.

NF NXS sucks for flip-ups because their eyepiece turns with power changes.
So with that, and weight, and adjustment in actual MOA increments, I've shifted to MK4 scopes + Alumina covers.
Couldn't be happier with this move.

The AADMOUNT caps have a LIFETIME REPLACEMENT WARRANTY and they are made in the USA. What more could you possibly ask for?

If you don't think they are durable enough, by looking at a picture...then don't get them.
If you want to test them and are not happy, return them. Jon will back up EVERYTHING he sells. 100%

Another option for the Nightforce, and it's what I would have suggested prior to the AADMOUNT is the Tenebraex covers, but they are always sold out.

You'll need ONE OF THESE for a flip up objective cover.
and either, an ARD or a threaded addapter for a 56mm NXS so that it fits.

And for the eye piece, you'll need this one

They are also VERY durable, I believe it's what Premier Heritage uses on their tactical line.

Leopold must have a pretty solid patent on these covers. It doesn't look like it would be hard to make a set of copy-cats for the nightforce.

It still just puzzles me how NOT ONE other scope manufacturer makes a quality cover for their scopes. I have checked S&B, March, IOR and Steiner - and NONE of them make a scope cover that is the same quality or better than the Alumina that Leupold is making. If I didn't have another 7 years left with the Army, I'm pretty sure I know a small business that I would be starting!

C_bass

So between the two, you'd still choose the aadmount?

I won't say that, because like I said in my first post...I haven't gotten my hands on the AADMOUNT set yet. But I have run other stuff from Jon Aadland and if he is willing to make them, and willing to put his name on them, and is willing to offer a claim like this....
I'll trust it, and support an American manufacturer.

I HAVE handled the Tenebraex covers and they are pretty darn awesome, but availability makes them a huge turn off. I have no doubt you would love them. Find someone with a Premier and ask them what they think.

Aadland Engineering said:
Rain Proof
Fog Proof
Snow Proof

Dust Proof
Dirt Proof

Mud Proof
Abuse Proof
Made in USA

Lifetime Replacement Warranty

Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't been able to keep up with all the boards. Yes, I do have ATACR caps ready for order, they should start shipping in a couple weeks:

eretu9ym.jpg

ery3a6e8.jpg

As for whether these are worth the price, obviously that can only be answered by the end user. I'd encourage people to read through the comments of people who have used them on that SH thread for an indication of how actual end users feel about it.

Already, probably 1/2 my orders are from return customers--they'll order one set of caps for one scope...a couple weeks later they order a set for every scope they have....

I got caught in a viscous rainstorm last season when some really big whitetails were running around (peak of the rut), but I couldn't see a **** thing through my scope because I had no caps...because I had already broken the **** BC's I had.... I know at that point in time I would have paid a ton for a decent set of caps....

This season I didn't get caught in any rain, but I was ready if I did:

IMG_20131126_072358_270.jpg

They survived everything from being banged around in vehicles to crashing through the brush, being dragged on the ground, going in and out of a saddle scabbard...and there was exactly zero worry about breaking them. Man, that was nice!

As for the comparisons with BC's, for now I'll forgive misguided comments by people who have never seen my caps in real life. Anybody who has can tell after about three seconds there is no comparison, on so many levels. Their function and durability speaks for themselves.

I would not have put a lifetime replacement warranty on these if they were not built so tough I don't expect any significant percentage of users to break them. I have a lot out there already, and still not one single broken cap.

The Leupold Alumina covers are very nice. If they made them for all scopes, I probably would not have felt the need to come up with these. But they don't. In fact, they don't even make them for some of the best Leupold scopes. That's fine, I'll be happy to:

IMAG0651_zpskfcsouvx.jpg

IMAG0649_zps5jbewrka.jpg

There are some functional differences between the way mine and the aluminas operate with some pluses and minuses each way, I suspect different users will have different preferences between the two (assuming they have a scope for which aluminas are offered).

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.