Best Nightforce long range hunting scope? Nx8? Atacr?

No question the ATACR glass is better. I have 4-20's, 5-25, 7-35. NX8's 4-32 and ZCO 4-20. The 4-20 ATACR is my favorite scope ever. Sure it's a little heavier. But quit being a baby. The weight difference is less than your morning dump.

Last edited:
No question the ATACR glass is better. I have 4-20's, 5-25, 7-35. NX8's 4-32 and ZCO 4-20. The 4-20 NX8 is my favorite scope ever. Sure it's a little heavier. But quit being a baby. The weight difference is less than your morning dump.
The NX8 should be the lightest one in that lineup..., but I have never heard of a 4-20 NX8...

starting from scratch I would make sure to get the lightest stock and action ( see vesper) and titanium brake and shortest light contour or carbon barrel I could so I could use a 33-38oz scope otherwise you need to stick to a 28oz NX8 or 21oz 2.5x10 NXS.
At heavier weight the ZCO's are incredibly sharp.

That's a tough one. The ZCO is slightly more clear than 4-20. I picked mine up on a good price. I believe it's heavier then the ATACR. If same price I would go ZCO. But I'm not in love with it. If someone offered to trade for a 4-30 atacr I would.

He does some solid reviews and has excellent camera work, much better and more true to realistic views than pictures usually give, shot of a maybe a Leica m11 or Nikon z9.

Recent Posts