Best long range hunting scope??

mmasco

Hey guys looking to buy a good longerange hunting scope. In your opinons whats the best??? I was looking at the Huskemaw, or the Swarovski 3-18x50 with the bt. Good or bad??

Huskemaw. They are way ahead of the game in drop compensation and wind technology. No drop comensation charts or anything to remember. I have always been a fan of German optics but my 2 favorite hunting rifles now sport Huskemaws.

I also prefer the Nightforce nxs series i have a 5.5-22x56 w/npr1 ret. and love it. I also have a Leupold VX-3 6.5-20x50 LR and it doesnt touch the nightforce optics or ease of use through the reticule. IF you are concerned about having to have a drop chart all you have to do is contact Kenton Industries and they will make a Bullet drop compensating knob for your riflescope which ever one you choose. They will set it to which ever load you are shooting factory or handload all you have to have is bullet weight, speed , bullet bc, elevation so on ad so forth. NOt knocking Huskemaw optics by no means but there not the only way to get knobs made for your load.

Hope this was of some assistance.
Nathan.

I have a Nightforce and a Sightron. Hard to tell the difference. Awesome optics and repeatability in both.
IMO no comparison to the Leupolds.
Drop knobs are great if you shoot in the same conditions all of the time.
Drop charts work better for me because we hunt in areas that are sea level and 100 degrees to another area that is 6000 feet and 30 degrees. I want to know my come-ups exactly. Our deer (blacktail) are really small, typical nice 3x3 weighs 70 pounds and lives in horrible country. Up hill or down hill shots are normal.
Drop knobs will not work for me so I need a good repeatable scope to put the shot in a small target area. I guess if you hunted elk or the 300 pound mule deer like they shoot on Best of the West the drop knobs would work fine. The target is at least three times as large as mine.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.