"best" modern factory cartridge

Comparing ammo availability right now is probably the worst time you could possibly do that. What we're going through with ammo and components isn't the norm so I wouldn't be trying to compare what we're seeing now to normal times.

I am enjoying this! Modern design! Hmm 300WM introduced in 1963! Almost as old as I am! I must be a modern man!
Just having fun!!!!
I think the OP had something something in mind and was trying to be tricky!
But is funny!

Haha no tricks. I'm not in the market for a rifle either. I was just thinking about how it seems like there's been so many new cartridges introduced in the last 20 years it's crazy. It's hard to get great support on a new cartridge in terms of components and ammo offerings because there are so many cartridges on the shelf now and it takes a real wunderkind like the dino killer 6.5cm to take shelf space.

And, the 7mm and 30cal arena is stocked so well with awesome performers (even 100 year old ones) it would take a 30manbun to displace them!

Haha no tricks. I'm not in the market for a rifle either. I was just thinking about how it seems like there's been so many new cartridges introduced in the last 20 years it's crazy. It's hard to get great support on a new cartridge in terms of components and ammo offerings because there are so many cartridges on the shelf now and it takes a real wunderkind like the dino killer 6.5cm to take shelf space.

And, the 7mm and 30cal arena is stocked so well with awesome performers (even 100 year old ones) it would take a 30manbun to displace them!
Define modern?
How many fit in this:
1. Abundance of factory ammunition and variety
2. Modern design - Minimal case taper and 30-35* shoulder
3. Quality brass available
4. 7mm or 30cal.
I don't follow the trends. I keep to classics, except for the Blackout that I got for subsonic fun, everything I own is a classic, 20th century, not 21st!

Recent Posts