"best" modern factory cartridge

I'm curious to know what people think is the best modern factory cartridge considering the following criteria:

1. Abundance of factory ammunition and variety
2. Modern design - Minimal case taper and 30-35* shoulder
3. Quality brass available
4. 7mm or 30cal.

I think 300wsm is a candidate, but factory ammo support isn't abundant as other cartridges
7mm SAUM has to be a candidate

308 Win Modern?

Don't get me wrong, its a favorite and we have several. It already has minimal taper and no belt, plentiful brass, but the 20 degree shoulder lets it out I think.

308 Win Modern?

Don't get me wrong, its a favorite and we have several. It already has minimal taper and no belt, plentiful brass, but the 20 degree shoulder lets it out I think.
That is why I took this as a joke. The OP defined the calibers, defined the angle, and left the "modern" undefine. One could argue anything NOT using black powder as Modern. Another, only 21st century as modern.
Also you can NOT say "best modern" and limit it to two calibers!
JOKE!

But what is modern really? Does it mean a certain level of performance? The ole .06 been doing the same thing that the latest and greatest can do. Maybe more modern can handle heavier pills better and at longer range but if modern isn't described then you'd have to leave long range out of it

The Creedmoor is not 7 mm or 30 caliber

6AF599C9-76FF-42ED-85FB-1FC0E8FBB0B2.gif

That is why I took this as a joke. The OP defined the calibers, defined the angle, and left the "modern" undefine. One could argue anything NOT using black powder as Modern. Another, only 21st century as modern.
Also you can NOT say "best modern" and limit it to two calibers!
JOKE!
I like that new fangled rifle and cartridge that you practically dump the cartridges in and close it. I think it's called a 30-40 Kraig.

If only more "modern" rifles had an action that ran as smoothly...
No kidding. In 2021 you can buy a Savage rifle and find out they haven't figured out how to make them cycle and feed from a magazine successfully!

Do a gravity test on a milsurp rifle like an Enfield or 03A3. Hold the gun by the bolt. Move the gun to cycle the action. Old rifles slide fine. New rifles bind up.