Best long range scope recommendations

deerhunter61

Guys,

I'm finally going to go ahead and get my custom rifle built and I'm going to need a good long range scope. I know it's not a lot of money but I'm already going to spend around 2k for the rifle and I simply don't have the $$$ to spend for a scope. So I'm looking for one in the 1k range that will perform. So what's out there that will work? I love my Zeiss Conquests but have been told these do not track well and for the money I can do better so what is better?

Thanks,

Mel

Guys,

I'm finally going to go ahead and get my custom rifle built and I'm going to need a good long range scope. I know it's not a lot of money but I'm already going to spend around 2k for the rifle and I simply don't have the $$$ to spend for a scope. So I'm looking for one in the 1k range that will perform. So what's out there that will work? I love my Zeiss Conquests but have been told these do not track well and for the money I can do better so what is better?

Thanks,

Mel

I just got a Bushnell LRHS and other than the reticle being just a little finer than I like in a hunting scope, it is superb in every way. Some great deals on these right now. I just don't think you can do better for the money.

John

I have had great luck with Nikon Monarchs. The resettable turrets on the Monarch 3's are awesome. If they offered a MOA reticle they would be perfect.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.