Long Range Scope Recommendations

The_Whitetail_kid

Hello everyone! I'm looking for a new long-range scope. I had a Zeiss V4 6- 24x50 that is not tracking correctly after only using it to dial a handful of times. We also previously had a Zeiss V4 4-16x44 and had issues with it as well. With this being said, I am a little leery to try another Zeiss despite the fact that I like the price range and scopes themselves. What scope do y'all recommend looking at?

Probably would be best to give some idea of how you'll be using it, what environment, dial vs hold practices, type of game, weight requirements, etc... as much detail as you can do will help people make good recommendations. A generally great scope would be something a Steiner T5Xi. They are a sterling bargain and they're fairly light and compact with not too tall turrets, fantastic glass and nice reticle options.

Bushnell LRTS 2 from GAP. 900$ for a heck of a scope. My main 300 prc has one. Used it to a mile so far.
Nightforce nxs, atacr or shv.
Swfa fixed 10x hd or the 3-15 and 5-25. Solid,solid scopes.
The Burris xtr 3 is one I'd like to checkout but I hear the reticles is hardly usable on low power in timber.
Nightforce probably has the lowest failure rate for mainstream production company.

Sort of keeping in the Zeiss V4 price range, the Element Optics Nexus and Tract Toric offerings both are made by LOW in Japan and offer a lot of value for your money.

If you are stepping it up, the Kahles 624i is a great scope at its price point which sits sort of in the middle range of what you can spend on a scope.

My personal affair with Vortex has come to a close. The only thing they offer that I feel is good is the Razor HD line, but it comes at the cost of being so ridiculously heavy.

NF has quite a few offerings as well with the NX8 and ATACR lines. Both are quality but I wouldn't say they are for everyone. I have a 1-8x ATACR with the updated reticle, and while I mostly like that particular model I don't see myself buying another NF.

Hello everyone! I'm looking for a new long-range scope. I had a Zeiss V4 6- 24x50 that is not tracking correctly after only using it to dial a handful of times. We also previously had a Zeiss V4 4-16x44 and had issues with it as well. With this being said, I am a little leery to try another Zeiss despite the fact that I like the price range and scopes themselves. What scope do y'all recommend looking at?
Try the Advanced Search and you will find months of reading information to answer your question.

On scopes I've come to the point of: Just roll with it.
I have had about 30-some scopes down through the years; el cheapos & higher-end scopes. Good ones, great ones & junk...in ALL categories. I have owned & seen so many "bad" brand-new ones that I am no longer impressed by any brand. I have learned this: That some companies are very reputable, as far as standing behind their products, while others don't know you) I also have learned that several brands are made by other companies! FOR ME I've decided that it just boils down to how much do you want to pay for the glass? Sorry, no good answer but JMO.

Riton 6-24-50, SFP G7 reticule. Made in Japan by low. Excellent tracking, glass is exceptional. Has illuminated reticle and 120 MOA internal adjustments. Street price $1300-1500. They also make a first focal plane. Trijicon Tenmile also SFP or FFP. Illuminated reticle, 100 MOA internal adjustment $1600/1800 street price. Both have 34 mm main tubes. Have used both at a mile. Comparable to my range friends that use NF NX8 and Leupold

I like the higher end Leupolds. Have 2, no problem. Recently, my son and I both bought new hunting rifles and we outfitted both with ….Vortex! I love mine, sighted in with no bore sight in 14 rounds last 5 @ 200 yds 1.41 " group factory loads; and price point was great