Bartlein Barrels anyone?

Could you tell us more about the Bartlein harder 400 Mod barrels? "I've heard" that they are difficult to chamber and very hard on reamers. Will they result in extended throat life? What is the additional cost? Wait time for a new 400 bbl? I didn't notice them on their web site.
Words from the man, Frank Green, himself.

I've been chambering for 30yrs, now. I've used countless Bartleins', Kriegers, Harts, and many, many others makers blanks. There comes a point where it becomes more about the skill of the person squeezing the trigger and the other components of the 'build' than what company made the blank. Of course, the gunsmithing is of the utmost importance, also. Brux, Hart, Krieger, Bartlein,,,,,,it's hard to pick the "best" from that list. And of course, there are several others, those 4 just come to mind. The very 'best' barrel can not make up for the lack in other places.

Words from the man, Frank Green, himself.

Good info there - thanks for the link

I have a 7 Sherman max built on a tika with a bartlein barrel couldn't be happier. Shot this group at 400 yards.

Attachments

• 20220506_122441.jpg
    20220506_122441.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 44
I'm choosing a Bartlein chrome moly barrel for my SAVAGE 99 lever gun custom rebuild/restock "science project".
For the changer from the original .308 to 6.5 CM I'm ordering a 5R barrel with a 1:7.5 twist for heavier hunting bullets.

My smith will chamber it to minimum SAAMI spec dimensions after square threading it (that's what Savage 99s used.)
The he will crown it and mill octagonal flats then black nitride it.

Could you tell us more about the Bartlein harder 400 Mod barrels? "I've heard" that they are difficult to chamber and very hard on reamers. Will they result in extended throat life? What is the additional cost? Wait time for a new 400 bbl? I didn't notice them on their web site.

I think it's about $200 more. Worth it in my opinion. Running one on my 7 Allen Mag and on a 27 Nosler that's "under construction" right now. Remains to be seen how they will last comparatively, but so far I'm really impressed with accuracy in the 7 Allen. Kirby Allen said he didn't really notice a difference in the machining on his end. I'd say go for it.

Big question is, where do you get one? Direct from Bartlein wait is 8 months. Rebuilding a Model 70 Varmint .223. Krieger does have one that might work.