Bartlein Barrels anyone?

Sounds like a nice rifle. I have a Savage LRP in 6.5 Creedmoor that's looking for a new barrel. I'm thinking about picking up the next good Bartlein blank I find and have it done by a good smith. I have had very good luck with a Bartlein on a 300 RUM.
Or I could just scratch the whole thing and go get me one of those fancy new Ruger Precision Rifles (LOL). Na maybe not, just looking for a Bartlein that will finish about 28":rolleyes:

I have a Kreiger and a Bartlein and the Bartlein is the better shooter of the two. I chose a .260 for the ease of brass available over the Creed. I have not been disappointed with it.

I know this is an almost 5 year old thread since last post, but without getting scorned by other members why I didn't use the search I'll post here. I've talked with bartlein a couple years ago and like the response and input the tech guy told/answered me. 1 big issue I have is there is no one within 300 miles or more of me that will do chambering and threading. This is just as bad as getting a receiver that needs/requires threads. I don't want a 10# barrel, but would like it fluted and heavier contoured for under 6# and maybe down to 4# depending on length. A local gunsmith that could've done the work moved due to work relations. but still has all of his machinery near me. He now lives 350 or so miles from me. I'm not 1 to send barrels and receivers 500+ miles just for work.

I've had a few different manufacturers and the Bart has been among the easiest to tune and typically giving a fairly broad node. I feel like the broad node is a big reason the comp guys like em. Possibly no more accurate than any other barrel but very forgiving.

I'm really just speculating as other than staying at a holiday Inn one night I don't have any competitive experience 😉

Running a number of Bartlein Carbons - 2 of them being the new harder 400 Mod. No complaints here. All shoot tight and seem to do well velocity-wise.

@ARlife4me you can easily ship your stuff to a good smith. I do that a lot. Not a lot of options if you don't have a good one within striking distance.

It appears that the majority of competitors in the Precision Rifle Series have shifted to Bartlein barrels in the last couple of years.

Evidently they are getting the results they need from this company because those boys are very serious about accuracy.

Are any LR hunters out there are Bartlein users?

All my gunsmith used were bartleins. They are shooters and worth the money

Being in the northern part of Texas (not DFW area) and OKC at 240 miles, DFW at 350 I've tried to find a smith of known quality within this area. I've talked with local people on where to find within reason, but all are not in business anymore for 1 reason or another. There was a gunsmith from Georgia here last year along with 3 other hunters that he built their guns (7wts I believe). Seems to be a good person, but I've talked with him only 1 time. I believe him to be honest and might give him a call. He travels a lot and does tube type hunts.

a buddy of mine has a 6XC Bartlein Barrel on his Kimber Montana. It started as a factory 243 but he had it rebarrled after he wore it out. Absolute laser beam. Heard nothing but great things about them. 👍

My 2B fluted Bartlein is a hammer. Working up loads my worst group was .75" with all others .50" or less. Consistently shoots 1 ragged hole If I do my part.

Not to mention they do one of the nicest looking jobs on their spiral fluting.

Last edited:
Just s question: you don't possibly have a build you can make into a great shooter with this barrel? there is a waiting line for these especially in 6mm. six to 12 months out.
We got some barrels and nothing to build at the time, but later down the road OOHH Boy we have a stick for a project. Like I said if we had some extra money would pick up in a heart beat.

Just s question: you don't possibly have a build you can make into a great shooter with this barrel? there is a waiting line for these especially in 6mm. six to 12 months out.
We got some barrels and nothing to build at the time, but later down the road OOHH Boy we have a stick for a project. Like I said if we had some extra money would pick up in a heart beat.
I'm wanting to get/find an action for 300nm or a 338lm. The only other option is remove the barrel on the 110 in 338lm and use the action? Having 3 110 actions in long mag (not rum face) and 2 are being used for wm in 264 and 300. I just need a recoil lug for 1 build to complete.

Running a number of Bartlein Carbons - 2 of them being the new harder 400 Mod. No complaints here. All shoot tight and seem to do well velocity-wise.

@ARlife4me you can easily ship your stuff to a good smith. I do that a lot. Not a lot of options if you don't have a good one within striking distance.

Could you tell us more about the Bartlein harder 400 Mod barrels? "I've heard" that they are difficult to chamber and very hard on reamers. Will they result in extended throat life? What is the additional cost? Wait time for a new 400 bbl? I didn't notice them on their web site.