Bartlein Barrels anyone?

I just ordered my first Bartliene for a 6.5x284 build. Rem varmint contour, 1:8 twist R5. I'm anxious to see how it performs. I decided to try it over the Krieger based on the positive feedback on this site.

I have a number of 6mm bartleins that shoot lights out. With that said I also have multiple brux and broughton barrels that have been great too. I hear benchmark is making some nice barrels too, so these days when someone asks me for barrel advice I tell them to just pick the quickest available match grade barrel made by one of the "B" brands and don't sweat it. I tend to also throw in Krieger too.

Of the folks that have posted here,are any of you using the Bart 5R in 308 or 30/06?

SAVAGE 99 RE-BUILD:

I'm re-barreling my .308 Savage 99 C with an octagonal barrel like the Green Mountain octagonal I already have on my Ruger 96/22 WRM. The Savage gets an octagonal straight taper Bartlein with 5R rifling, hand lapped, hopefully.

Getting the barrel threads timed so the top flat is exactly on top and everything is perfectly headspaced will take some good gunsmithing.

Then I'm sending both off to Wenig for nearly matching brown laminated stocks, classic cheekpiece and "slightly Schnabeled" fore ends. Big brother Little brother lever guns, so to speak.

There's a rumour that Bartlein will start offering their own carbon wrapped barrels at a much better price point than proof. It'll be nice when carbon barrels are affordable.

I just ordered my first Bartliene for a 6.5x284 build. Rem varmint contour, 1:8 twist R5. I'm anxious to see how it performs. I decided to try it over the Krieger based on the positive feedback on this site.

Hey man, we meet again. I have a .260 built on a Savage Target that shoots extremely well. It is a 30" Bartlein with 8.5 twist Heavy BBL. 139 gr. Scenars and H-4831sc powder 2830 fps. Shooting Golf Balls @ 300 with it. You will be happy i think.

Hey man, we meet again. I have a .260 built on a Savage Target that shoots extremely well. It is a 30" Bartlein with 8.5 twist Heavy BBL. 139 gr. Scenars and H-4831sc powder 2830 fps. Shooting Golf Balls @ 300 with it. You will be happy i think.

Sounds like a nice rifle. I have a Savage LRP in 6.5 Creedmoor that's looking for a new barrel. I'm thinking about picking up the next good Bartlein blank I find and have it done by a good smith. I have had very good luck with a Bartlein on a 300 RUM.
Or I could just scratch the whole thing and go get me one of those fancy new Ruger Precision Rifles (LOL). Na maybe not, just looking for a Bartlein that will finish about 28":rolleyes:

Recent Posts