Bartlein barrels

elkaholic

For any of you considering a new barrel, I would take a good look at Bartlein. I just put one on a B-78 action this summer, which some people questioned, but the thing shoots lights out. I pillar bedded the tang, which I think really helps the single shots. I have used 3 groove Lilja barrels in the past with good results, but this is my most accurate to date. I chambered it in my 300 Sherman cartridge with a 10 twist 28" barrel in a modified palma style. (Bartlein will make anything you request) This really stiffened up things from the original small shank Browning barrel. I have the 5r rifling which cleans up far easier than my other barrels. Groups at 100 yds. are one hole with my 190 SXR bullets and on a good day, it will shoot 2-3 inch groups at 880 yds. Also, I really enjoyed the guys at Bartlein (very helpful) Be prepared to wait 6 mo. for a barrel as these guys are on the map with the competition shooters........Rich

I have seen a few, they do some great work! That gain twist is interesting, one of these days I'll talk myself into one. First I gotta save up some more fun money :)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.