Bartlein Barrels anyone?

Litehiker

It appears that the majority of competitors in the Precision Rifle Series have shifted to Bartlein barrels in the last couple of years.

Evidently they are getting the results they need from this company because those boys are very serious about accuracy.

Are any LR hunters out there are Bartlein users?

ive got one on my rig....and its a shooter!...during load development I had 11 loads 1 under 1/2 moa and 7 between 1/4 - 1/3 moa...and im sure if I tried really hard I could a 1 hole group....I had a couple that were under .2

I own 2 Pierce Precision built 308's, one in full titanium with a McMillan stock, the other on a Savage 11 Lightweight action with a Manners prototype stock, both Bartlien barreled that shoot sub MOA consistently with Sierra pills.

In fact, at my range this afternoon, I shot a 4 shot group and 3 wrere the same hole with the fouler maybe 1/8" from the others.

I would recommend using Bartlien's break in regimen (on their website) to break in their barrels.

I'm a happy camper.

I just got a barrel from them I am excited to try, just waiting on a stock and I will have some feedback.

I have several Bartlein barrels and all of them will shoot in the .3's or better. One 30 caliber shoots in the .1's all the time unless I blow it.

I have several Bartlein barrels and all of them will shoot in the .3's or better. One 30 caliber shoots in the .1's all the time unless I blow it.

I have one on my lightweight hunting rifle. I am very pleased. Will buy more.

Bartlein awesome !
Just got my 7th one in 7mm 7 twist , how cool is that !!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 145
I've used a number of Barlein barrels the last week and a good number of them over the past few months, I've been very impressed with them, they nail the barrel specs which is very nice, they cut and chamber nice and shoot well. My favorite to chamber in a 5R land configuration hands down. On the 1000 yard benchrest guns they won't run with the Kreigers for some reason but I'm pushing to use them on everything but a bench gun that I build.

I like the answers I'm hearing from my post question.

Probably my Ruger Precision Rifle factory barrel will last at least a year of training and competition. After that I'll get a Bartlein barrel and maybe a slightly faster twist rate, like 1:7.8 or 7.6 instead of the factory supplied 1:8. I'll check the research on 6.5 CM to see what is the sweet spot for it with bullets above 120 grains.

I think my wet dream would be to have a Bartlein barrel "core" wrapped in carbon fiber by Christensen Arms. At least as an experimental barrel. (That, of course, will happen when I hit the lottery.) Greater stiffness, lighter weight, faster cooling. A good carbon fiber wrap is like Viagara for barrels.

Recent Posts