Ballistic range finder

Gills

I'm m in the market for a new ballistic range finder. I am looking at the vortex razor 4000 gb. The sig 8k and the device br4. Does any body know if any of these will give the yardage you should shoot for using your ballistics. And not just the dial up. My scope is set up for yardage dial rather than moa. If that makes sense to ya.

PM sent and I'd definitely go for the Vortex in a heartbeat even if it's more expensive due to the unconditional no questions asked hassle free lifetime warranty including their electronics. Vortex even sends you a prepaid return shipping label if you ever need warranty. Who else does that besides Vortex and Arken pay your round trip shipping whenever you need to use their warranty?

I state this fact because I'm pretty much done spending money on expensive paperweights with no past their limited electronics warranty support and paying out of pocket for shipping and insurance for warranty.

If Maven has a ballistic rangefinder upgrade to their RF.1 in the near future I'd buy it in a heartbeat die to better than average glass and super far distance reading. They have a lifetime warranty including their electronics.

Last edited:
Out of those, the Sig 8K is going to have the best ranging capability. I know where the lasers in all 3 of those come from, and I would go with the Sig 8k in this case. It also has the better display and you can customize the display inside it to read out things like Density Altitude, LOS or AMR ranging etc. It will do what you are asking for here.

I'm m in the market for a new ballistic range finder. I am looking at the vortex razor 4000 gb. The sig 8k and the device br4. Does any body know if any of these will give the yardage you should shoot for using your ballistics. And not just the dial up. My scope is set up for yardage dial rather than moa. If that makes sense to ya.
If your dials are set up with yardage marks on the dial then you'd just input the "yards" the rangefinder will give you. You won't even need a rangefinder with a "ballistics" program although you'd want one that accounts for angles. I think I'd be looking for a scope upgrade or dial upgrade for the rangefinders you listed. In the long run you'll be happier.