Applied Ballistics Mobile app

Alan,

30xd9bm.jpg

As you would know, on the first pic, you tap and hold on "338/300 RUM" then
the window appears and I tap on "Edit". Pic number two appears and I scroll up and
down making all changes you desire and when done tap on the pencil Icon in the
red circle. That'll save it and will present to you pic number three. To continue just tap on "338/300 RUM" and away you go!

Hope it helps!

So what are your guys final thoughts? what is more accurate shooter or this AB?

We ( BnG and I) just conducted an extensive test of Ballistic Apps for another forum. I can tell you with confidence that many apps will fill the bill for most shooters. As for shooter and AB, they ran hand in hand out to 1200yards. After that Applied Ballistics using its Custom Drag Modeling started inching away. This was off the bench with a very accurate rifle, good conditions, and solid inputted rifle and load data. The test was shot twice over two different days to repeat and confirm results. We shot every 400 yards all the way to 1773 yards where we had repeated hits all inside 1/2 moa.with all shots. The final test was done firing two shots to simulate a cold bore and a follow up. Rifle was allowed to cool completely for each distance. I was impressed with all the apps we tested. Personally I use Shooter and Applied Ballistics. But if you are going to shoot ELR, at distances past 1500, I recommend you go with Applied Ballistics and buy a custom drag model for that bullet. AB is spot on to well past a mile and we documented this. After that environmental conditions take over and it is hard to detect the small differences between apps. For example at 2000 yards there was only .3 moa difference between Applied Ballistics and Cold Bore 1.0. It is pretty hard to say which is more accurate at 2000 yards. So at that point review which app you prefer for, ease of use, option package, and price and go with it.

Jeff

I had Applied Ballistics on a Motorola Xoom and later, a Nexus 7. Both of those devices are gone now and I plan on replacing them with either a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 or the Garmin Monterra. I'm looking for experiences with either--or others for that matter--using AP.

I also have Bryan Litz's book and downloaded the CD into my desktop using Windows 7; thus far I haven't been able to get the program to function in spite of its presence on the computer. How can I get this to work? I emailed Bryan a year ago, but no reply.

I am having a little trouble uploading data to the web back up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-05-11-17-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-05-11-17-51.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 105

Hello. X I would like to know who has tried it is more effective to have the g7 br2 and enter the wind. or have rangefinder standard sigsauer kilo in 2000, and match Kestrel 5400 with ballistic application? ATTENTION I HAVE TRIED MANY READINGS 1600B LEICA AND ARE ALWAYS LESS THAN WHEN YOU WANT AND YOU HAVE THE MEASURE HORIZONTAL ANGLE OF SITE. MEASURES FOR ME IS NOT RELIABLE .With LORIS ITALY

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.