Applied Ballistics Mobile App

Doc,
Will we be able to load purchased bullets in new app? This is one of the issues I have had.

Also, I do not think that older AB mobile adjusted for aero-dynamic jump. Does new version have this feature?

Ray

Doc,
Will we be able to load purchased bullets in new app? This is one of the issues I have had.

Also, I do not think that older AB mobile adjusted for aero-dynamic jump. Does new version have this feature?

Ray

In the iOS app yes you will be able to purchase CDMs in the next update.

The iOS version does have Aerodynamic Jump, the Android version was missing it. But it is in this next update. So both apps will have them.

In the iOS app yes you will be able to purchase CDMs in the next update.

The iOS version does have Aerodynamic Jump, the Android version was missing it. But it is in this next update. So both apps will have them.

Thank you,
I have an Android phone but does not seem like it will matter with new update

Ray

Hi Doc,
New iOS version now installed on my iPhone 7. Haven't looked at everything yet, will get into it this week. One thing I noticed straight up is the unit mix-up in the opening screen - the list of rifles. Underneath the name given to the firearm are two rows of info: Barrel twist, Sight Height, Elevation and Windage. The Sight Height is displayed in what I presume is inches, even though the firearm was defined in Metric mode and the sight height input is in centimetres. This issue has been around since the very first version. It may be cosmetic but it irks me. Being a metric person I know nothing about inches. I've reported this "feature" about four or five times since version 1, all to no avail.
Hangin' out for the next update but don't think I should hold my breath.

Cheers

Hi at a recent match here in NZ my AB app constantly crashed when asked to calculate a firing solution. The message said " unfortunately applied ballistics has stopped working" This was not great halfway through a match. Restarting the devise did not help. It wasn't until I force stopped the app in settings then restarted the device again it came right. The wind input is also wrong inthat when using the wind clock it is always 180 degrees wrong so sliding the red arrow to lay over the shooter the top right angle reads 6 clock this was not a problem before the recent update. Some help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jeremy

Hi at a recent match here in NZ my AB app constantly crashed when asked to calculate a firing solution. The message said " unfortunately applied ballistics has stopped working" This was not great halfway through a match. Restarting the devise did not help. It wasn't until I force stopped the app in settings then restarted the device again it came right. The wind input is also wrong inthat when using the wind clock it is always 180 degrees wrong so sliding the red arrow to lay over the shooter the top right angle reads 6 clock this was not a problem before the recent update. Some help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jeremy

Have you considered doing a clean install of the app?

Have you considered doing a clean install of the app?
Hi Doc I have recently purchased an new device so I had to carry out a clean install on it as you advised. The same problem still persists on the wind input screen with the arrow facing the same way as the shooter it reads angle 6.0 clock. I am also unable to tick spin drift and Coriolis to ON in the preferences page. I am also having problems with ballistic calibration I input the new values and every time I hit the run button the app stops.

No the wind dial is still 180 degrees wrong on all my devises. Thanks
In my app, the clock value of the wind is where it is coming from, so a 6 o'clock wind means it is coming from my 6 o'clock going towards my 12 o'clock. A 9 o'clock wind means it's blowing left to right, 3 o'clock means right to left. It seems your wind is proper if a 6 o'clock wind means it's blowing the same direction as the shooter is facing.

That is correct with all my devises with the wind arrow pointing to the rear it says 12 clock

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.